Bugmen will eat bugs

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Immediately we could reduce the burning of gasoline by a lot. Car companies already have the technology to do this. Raise CAFE standards for ICE vehicles, including light trucks. Incentivize hybrid and EV purchases.

We could tax coal-fired power plants or otherwise incentivize operators to switch to natty gas by 2030.

We could invest in new nuclear power plants and upgradig existing ones.

We could invest in upgrading our electric grid.

All of these could be done in the next decade, make America more competitive internationally, and go a long way towards meeting environmental goals.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Calling them, "mealworms".

How stupid do they think we are? :cursing:
Yeah I'm not sure what the point is. Mealworms still have to be fed meal with comes from grain but the same people pushing bugs are also restricting the fertilizer inputs to grow the food for bugs. I think this has more to do with the fact that China and Russia won't sell us fertilizer inputs so they're trying to make lemons into lemonade.

If anything, the meat alternative should be legumes. Where is the legume push?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yeah I'm not sure what the point is. Mealworms still have to be fed meal with comes from grain but the same people pushing bugs are also restricting the fertilizer inputs to grow the food for bugs. I think this has more to do with the fact that China and Russia won't sell us fertilizer inputs so they're trying to make lemons into lemonade.

If anything, the meat alternative should be legumes. Where is the legume push?
I'd rather get protein from bugs than legumes