Bugmen will eat bugs

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I wonder how many people on reddit say "Only on Surfermag!!"? :drowning:

Meanwhile I had a full rack of ribs for lunch yesterday and a solid lamb chop for dinner accompanied with a few beers.

Maybe things are different in Arizona. Hard to grow anything but scorpions and fire ants, I'd imagine. It's OK, with the TexMex on offer there, you wouldn't even notice! :trout:
They still let you eat meat in CA?

Bigot!

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Those are to be turned into petting zoos after a cull

Cows produce far too much methane and nitrogen and that makes St. Greta sad
Yeah right. :roflmao:

I could literally buy a cow and drive it home it so behooved me. Uh, no pun intended. Ditto with goats and chickens. You could do the same at your local Walmart but your pig transport might be referred to as human trafficking. :beer:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Those are to be turned into petting zoos after a cull

Cows produce far too much methane and nitrogen and that makes St. Greta sad
That is factory farming.

They need to groom you guys to do pasture farming. It's more expensive. But that is where your white privlage comes in handy

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That is factory farming.

They need to groom you guys to do pasture farming. It's more expensive. But that is where your white privlage comes in handy
all beef cows are pasture raised and grass fed for the first 70% of their life. It’s the last 30% for non-grass fed that is concentrated, grain fed and often inhumane. PETA and other activists focus on the end cycle and frame that as their entire existence.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
all beef cows are pasture raised and grass fed for the first 70% of their life. It’s the last 30% for non-grass fed that is concentrated, grain fed and often inhumane. PETA and other activists focus on the end cycle and frame that as their entire existence.
What grass? :roflmao:

Have you ever been on a cow ranch in say, Brawley?

1659402285230.png

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
What grass? :roflmao:

Have you ever been on a cow ranch in say, Brawley?

View attachment 135104
And how do you know where all of those cows were born and raised until adult size :unsure:Notice how they are all of adult size :poke: Also, do you know whether they are beef or dairy cattle :unsure:

Cows are grazed on grass and then moved into feed lots at the end of their life. That's what modern day cowboys do.

"Despite the consumer demand, however, approximately 95% of the cattle in the United States continue to be finished, or fattened, on grain for the last 160 to 180 days of life (~25 to 30% of their life), on average."

"Rather than debate advantages and disadvantages of the grain versus grass-fed systems, the take-home here is that all beef cattle, whether farmers choose to raise them as grass-fed or grain-fed animals, spend at least two-thirds of their lifetime in a pasture setting. Therefore, all beef may be considered "grass-fed" for the majority of its life. Thus, beef production in the United States has been, and continues to be, a forage-based industry. "

You're wrong, again . . . As usual :poke:

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
And how do you know where all of those cows were born and raised until adult size :unsure:Notice how they are all of adult size :poke: Also, do you know whether they are beef or dairy cattle :unsure:
So now we are only talking about non-adult size cows? :roflmao:

How unusual for you to move the goalposts and backpedal.

I know they're beef cattle because I've been on those ranches moron.

This is Harris Ranch, the biggest beef producer in CA. Where is grass?

1659404048975.png

Grass :roflmao:

1659404147218.png

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There are plenty of grass-fed cattle up here, fecal. And that's just within view of Hwy 12 and River Road going towards coast. Lots of grazing land. Same goes with up along Highway 5 as you go further north towards Westley; you see a fair amount grazing in the foothills there.

That said, man, it reeks when going by those feed lots. I note that the Harris Ranch restaurant is not adjacent to the feed lot.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
There are plenty of grass-fed cattle up here, fecal. And that's just within view of Hwy 12 and River Road going towards coast. Lots of grazing land. Same goes with up along Highway 5 as you go further north towards Westley; you see a fair amount grazing in the foothills there.

That said, man, it reeks when going by those feed lots.
I know but grass fed cattle farms are not the norm, like GrapeGrinwald suggested, I didn't say they don't exist.

Organic, grass fed beef is still a niche market.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So now we are only talking about non-adult size cows? :roflmao:

How unusual for you to move the goalposts and backpedal.
Backpedal? :roflmao: Have you ever seen a 1/8" thick rib eye the size of a coaster in the grocery store? :unsure: :ROFLMAO: Beef is not profitable for sale until it's of large adult size, moran. Holy fook.

I know they're beef cattle because I've been on those ranches moron.
Sure you were :roflmao: What exactly were you doing?

This is Harris Ranch, the biggest beef producer in CA. Where is grass?
Grass :roflmao:
Again . .. . . The cows are raised on a pasture when they are younger (which is why I mentioned "adults", because that's all that's in that photo) and trucked and/or herded in. During the early stages they may be fed grass brought in from elsewhere. Do you think Penn State, which is a university with a mandate to serve the agriculture industry, is making this up :unsure: :roflmao:

• Dislike

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I know but grass fed cattle farms are not the norm, like GrapeGrinwald suggested, I didn't say they don't exist.
100% grass fed are not the norm. . . . but that's not what I said, liar.

All are raised on pasture for at least the first 2/3s of their life, which is what I said. They are then fed grain to get to market (adult) size. This is common knowledge in the agriculture industry that feeds all the misinformed ingrates like you :poke:

• Haha

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Again . .. . . The cows are raised on a pasture and trucked and/or herded in. During the early stages they may be fed grass brought in from elsewhere. Do you think Penn State, which is a university with a mandate to serve the agriculture industry, is making this up :unsure: :roflmao:
Holy sh!t - Penn State has a track record. This is the same thing that Sandusky did with the kids - raised them in the shower, fed them who knows what, and then allowed them to matriculate to their theater program.