Bryrning Spears Pelagic Series...

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Felt up a couple of these beautiful boards on a recent trip to Indo. They look FAST, strong and sexy. Those channels even made me dribble a little bit...

I almost pulled the trigger on a 6'2 GT with 6 channels, but I think I need a little bit bigger for the bigger days. Eyeing up a 6'5 Yellow Fin Tuna at the moment...

Anyone got one/had one/know anything about them?

Byrning Spears Website

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
I've ogled a few over the years. Right up my alley.

Never owned a Byrne but I have a few from a fellow traveller of his. Honestly, I'll never be without channel bottom boards, especially 6'5" and over. A must for Indo reefs IMO .

They rarely see daylight, but when they do it's like sex with an ex.....they know what you like, and you can't remember ever fighting with them.

Jamie Byrne is making some beautiful machines.

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Get one , they are amazing

Use k2.1 fins or Julian Wilson fins . the AB fins are funky

Enjoy

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Clamsmasha said:
They rarely see daylight, but when they do it's like sex with an ex.....they know what you like, and you can't remember ever fighting with them.
Haha, sounds good, but also a little messy and weird afterwords...

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
retodd said:
Get one , they are amazing

Use k2.1 fins or Julian Wilson fins . the AB fins are funky

Enjoy
Have you got one in your boardroom? What did you go for?

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Ooooooo, that's got the same tail as the one I was looking at only it was a 6'2. Looks like a speed demon. They had the option of a pin tail or a swallow tail...What would you say are the pros and cons of those two tail types?

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Hamish told me that the pin tails are best for getting deeper tubes, swallow tails are the all-rounders

I had a round tail version before the swallow , to me it just felt looser . I much prefer the swallow