Broccoli twin test

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Refrost - They've had a great few months of surf in SEQ / NNSW... E swell and S winds that seemed relentless. I got up there and surfed one of those swells - 9 consecutive days of offshore point surf between head to DOH. It was just one of the many swells that hit eastern Oz this year. THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

Regarding his surfing and the twinnies he's riding, it's certainly entertaining to see the differences. The only thing that bothers me is that for the points he's surfing between the Goldy and Ballina, at that quality of surf, any board is going to go well; in fact, he'd probably be better off surfing thrusters.

For comparing the twinnies the footage in the beachies from Ep 1 around Sydney is a better comparison IMHO.

Mar 25, 2009
I've enjoyed surfing shittily on the twins I've had. One was a FW RNF that wasn't set up as a twin but I ran it that way anyway and it slid all over the place. The other is the Fat Murph. I wish I could afford more twins <and all that implies>.

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
Is this the tread with the arguments over rearward fin placements reading a tape measure,etc? Or are all of them like that. Haha.

Anyway while trying out Daniel Jones fish saw one of the regulars on the inside, Dane. He’s a backyard builder, rides logs and tiny alt shapes. He had a new self shaped fish he was riding that he was struggling on before. But he was going good on it yesterday. I told looks like you unlocked the code and he shook his head. Told me he went home after the first surf and sawed the fins off and moved them forward added cant and toed them out.

I asked Dane if the boar has concave. And he said yeah flipped it over to show me the bottom contour and his new fin placement.

Trying to sound like I knew what I was talking about I threw out one of the Griffinisms I’ve read over and over on here. If you put concave in gotta move the fins a little forward. Dane just smiled. Haha.
Is Dane a tall goofy footer with long-ish blond hair?

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
No that’s Ian he rides Chemistry boars. Think he’s on bro deal team with them.
Dane is a midget like me only much younger, dirty blonde with sleeve of tats.
that's a trip, one of my closest friends surfs out there a bunch, is named dane, 34-35 with a sleeve of tats, dirty blond hair, rides logs a bunch and shapes his own backyard twins/ fishes

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Refrost - They've had a great few months of surf in SEQ / NNSW... E swell and S winds that seemed relentless. I got up there and surfed one of those swells - 9 consecutive days of offshore point surf between head to DOH. It was just one of the many swells that hit eastern Oz this year. THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

Regarding his surfing and the twinnies he's riding, it's certainly entertaining to see the differences. The only thing that bothers me is that for the points he's surfing between the Goldy and Ballina, at that quality of surf, any board is going to go well; in fact, he'd probably be better off surfing thrusters.

For comparing the twinnies the footage in the beachies from Ep 1 around Sydney is a better comparison IMHO.
100% agree. I thought the same thing. Pretty much any board would pull off some clean turns in pumping conditions like that. Most of the people that are watching the review wouldnt have a twinny in those type of conditions unless it was a surf trip.

AUS looks amazing. Visiting Lennox is definitly on my bucket list, although the politics seem pretty gnarly down there at the moment.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
100% agree. I thought the same thing. Pretty much any board would pull off some clean turns in pumping conditions like that. Most of the people that are watching the review wouldnt have a twinny in those type of conditions unless it was a surf trip.

AUS looks amazing. Visiting Lennox is definitly on my bucket list, although the politics seem pretty gnarly down there at the moment.
Not going to turn this into a political twin fin thing - but what politics down here are you worried about?

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
All the quantine camps, force vaccinations, mask mandates, etc. Seems like the Australian government has lost their minds. Don't want any part in any of that, no matter how beautiful or good the waves are.
Are you absolutely sure you want to open the "lost their minds" can of worms? :D

edit: actually, you responded to a question, so we'll let you off the hook.

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
All the quantine camps, force vaccinations, mask mandates, etc. Seems like the Australian government has lost their minds. Don't want any part in any of that, no matter how beautiful or good the waves are.
its all over now.

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
Really?? Last I read, Australian citizens or Visa holders were the only ones allowed to enter AUS without proof of full vaccination?
if you can't get vaccinated you can enter with a medical contraindication exemption saying why you can't be vaccinated.