Broccoli twin test

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Of the following 3 board reviewers, who do you think is the best?
1. Mike Ciaramella
2. Kale Brock
3. Noel Salas

Reactions: waxfoot

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Of the following 3 board reviewers, who do you think is the best?
1. Mike Ciaramella
2. Kale Brock
3. Noel Salas
None I prefer watching video(s) of surfer(s) riding board interested in then I make a decision if board is right for me. If I want to hear about ride etc I prefer erbb member(s) feedback and best to talk design with shaper who actually created the board :shrug:

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Stab, beach grit and tracks mag are a pleasant watch. Skills and conditions displayed not very relatable though.

Salad and Craig hurt my eyes, big time.

Wooly and Broccoli probably most relatable. Broccoli's vanlife and coconut water vibe not so much.

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I like Ciaramella reviews but he's a different human size than me.
Same.
I like the husky Aussie guy. Is that Craig? He and Broccoli surfing and waves are most relatable.
I don't think any of those 3 guys mentioned have a great handle on design and why things work or don't work. They go off feel- like most us average joes. Feels like the blind leading the blind (as some grumpy shapers might say).
It would be helpful to involve the shaper to explain why things feel a certain way, as Salsa has done a few times with Akila, Tomo, Rusty. Even Yuri did with Album Matt. Even better would be a good surfer who shapes to review boards. Thinking of someone like a Ryan Sakal or Cordell Miller. But I guess that's unlikely as they wouldn't want to be critical of another shapers' boars as the industry is so bro-brah.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Noel looked better on twins in the sense that his surfing wasn't obviously worse than his thruster surfing. Kale surfed the twinsman well, but the other boards looked like he was fighting the twin fin design.

Reactions: Aruka and ReForest

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
Enjoyed his last board test. This one looks promising...

Actually watching this sums up my experience with twins perfectly. So much easy speed, so much fun, but can't pull a decent top turn or cutback to save my life. Mikey Ciaramello seems to have the same experience in his twin reviews.

Reactions: encladd