Britney Griner released! "Merchant of Death" freed!

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
TLDR this thread but....

The Ruskie served 14 years or so right?
The Whelan guy was NOT active duty, correct? Dishonorable discharge for larceny? Held 4 passports and worked in corporate security or something?
Says he's NOT a spy?

The whole "She knowingly broke the law" trope is tired, man. Let it go.
It is a good thing to have someone in that position released from anywhere. It's a nonsense charge. No one should be doing time for a vape, particularly 9 years. The US did not MAKE her a political chess piece.

It is not cool to let an arms dealer go. Dude is obviously a POS. He's also been a tool for the US ("pentagon contractors" under Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz... Jesus....)
Everyone knows that the US is the only acceptable arms dealer. Their judgement is infallible and their body count is unfuckwithable.

Wait. Our mule is the arms dealer. whoops?

Why exchange anybody?
He got caught and was doing the time
She got caught and was doing the same time as any local would have gotten for the same deal.
Never heard of Whelan before this so don't know about his case.
If someone is unjustly held then F yeah get em out! But these 2 - weird

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Why is the dirtbag WNBA player's life more important than the former marine still held or how about Marc Fogel from Pennsylvania who Biden left behind who has been held in Russia since 2021 for the exact same charge as the shitty WNBA player? By the way, the fact that the guy from PA has been held much longer than the shitty WNBA player on the same charge and nobody ever knew or cared about it show just how big a pile of bullcrap all the leftist talking points about the shitty WNBA player have been from day one.
It's because she has a high intersectionality score

Reactions: schex

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The question was why is she a dirtbag?
While I didn't initially call her that, I would also not disagree for my reasons as stated
YMMV
That wasn't my question.

So are we just randomly replying to posts?

Okay.

Banana, skate board, bowling ball.

Reactions: Hump

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
"I don't mean that in any disrespect to our country. My dad was in Vietnam and a law officer for 30 years. I wanted to be a cop before basketball. I do have pride for my country."
Check the timelines!
Wonder if she will stand now??

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
"I don't mean that in any disrespect to our country. My dad was in Vietnam and a law officer for 30 years. I wanted to be a cop before basketball. I do have pride for my country."
Great Woke Shark!

One minute is too many, if we're willing to make ourselves look like fools on the international stage like this
Your boy Dank Brandon issued an Executive Order back in October. Now anyone in DC or a National Park busted for that loud is pardoned!

sh!t was cash.

Brandon was all, "Execute Order 420"

Order 420 was executed!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Reminds me of that airliner that took off from JFK about 20 years ago and mysteriously broke in two over Long Island Sound. A couple days later Good Morning America ran a video a viewer sent in from a beach wedding that appeared to show a missile going skyward just before the plane fell from the sky. Never saw that video anywhere ever again. The government seemed to go to great lengths over the next year to reverse engineer that incident into a center fuel tank explosion.......cause it had to be anything but what it seemed to be. I'm running out of conspiracy theories but that's one that still hangs out there.
Twice in one day, groomsman and I are in alignment. I personally know a half dozen people all over the south shore who happened to be outside that hot July evening and very distinctly described seeing a flaming trail of some sort rising up from the sea (depending on which hamlet these witnesses happened to be in, it’s hard to tell exactly where the flaming trail really came from. I personally always thought the plane exploded over the Atlantic, nut I might be mis remembering ), then the big explosion. Heard that on the news for a bit too, then poof, nothing. Like it never even happened

Where we diverge is I while I do think it is indeed a cover up, but a stupid mistake made by a few weekend warriors training with live rounds out of west Hampton or someplace. Not saying that makes it ok, but, I can see the government putting the PR machine in motion to just make that god awful mistake just vanish from the public psyche ASAP. Cold hard world out there

or it’s some gnarly terrorist Jason Bourne CIA backlist type thing, and had to be covered up to protect the hero’s identity. Maybe 20 planes were meant to be shot down.

but personally, I think it was a military screw up, maybe a SAM from a sub that accidentally fired, whilst doing laser target lock training or something equally stupid to do.

Another compelling thought I’ve heard as a motive for the governent to squash the story and totally change the narrative, and jam the whole thing down the memory hole? Perhaps a terrorist attack, and the US just didn’t want to look that vulnerable. So the jihadists upped Their game 5 years later

that theory has holes too though. Usually when terrorists blow sh!t up they claim it before the flames have gone out

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: grapedrink and PRCD