Britney Griner gets 9 years…

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I wonder if they have movie nights.

View attachment 135269
Does anyone believe she accidentally had that with her? If I was going to Russia I'd check and triple check to make sure I had nothing contraband in any pocket anywhere.
My instinct (which is worth nothing because we will never know for certain) is that she is guilty because if they really wanted to set someone up, you’d think they would do it with something harder and higher quantity. Unless they thought about that angle already and went with the vape specifically for that reason :unsure:

Also, look at how clueless the average traveler is and it’s not surprising that someone could forget something like this. I think the same way if I were going to Russia, China etc- I used to throw my bag in the washing machine before packing for international trips

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
My instinct (which is worth nothing because we will never know for certain) is that she is guilty because if they really wanted to set someone up, you’d think they would do it with something harder and higher quantity. Unless they thought about that angle already and went with the vape specifically for that reason :unsure:

Also, look at how clueless the average traveler is and it’s not surprising that someone could forget something like this. I think the same way if I were going to Russia, China etc- I used to throw my bag in the washing machine before packing for international trips
I’ve met people who think she’s innocent because she’s American and weed is legal in parts of America.

There are countries that put people to death for possession.

BTW, Griner has admitted to it and cvs plead guilty.

9 years for vape oil is fuckking retarded though.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Also, look at how clueless the average SURF traveler is and it’s not surprising that someone could forget something like this. I think the same way if I were going to Russia, China etc- I used to throw my bag in the washing machine before packing for international trips
Edited your above comment. I've had friends brag about the sh!t they've taken with them and brought home from surf trips to far flung locations. That's just nuts. Good way to end up in prison or dead. US Law doesn't apply when you're in South America and SouthEast Asia.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Edited your above comment. I've had friends brag about the sh!t they've taken with them and brought home from surf trips to far flung locations. That's just nuts. Good way to end up in prison or dead. US Law doesn't apply when you're in South America and SouthEast Asia.
I know people like that, too. They get away with it until they don't.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
So fucked.

I was shitting my pants when TSA found a shotgun shell in my backpack. I had checked it but was in a rush packing last second an hour before leaving and somehow missed it:socrazy: The cops felt bad and said either check the bag or whatever happens outside the airport they don’t know about and isn’t their problem. I checked the bag.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
I’ve met people who think she’s innocent because she’s American and weed is legal in parts of America.

There are countries that put people to death for possession.

9 years for vape oil is fuckking retarded though.
Yeah, the sentence is unduly harsh, but Russia doesn't have an independent judicial system. They decide what Putin wants them to decide. Just one of the many things that are incredibly fubar about Russia.

But we shouldn''t trade a notorious arms dealer for her release. She was an idiot to think she could do that in Russia and get away with it.

But Joe Blow will try anyway. She is black and queer, after all.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I sh!t my pants when a Federale found an old pipe in our car at the K55 parking lot and brandished his weapon. I thought for sure we were going to La Mesa Prison, although not for 9 years. We had no actual weed so when they found the Playboy stash they let us go. Moral of the story: Always take a few girlie mags when camping in Baja, and never any dope.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So fucked.

I was shitting my pants when TSA found a shotgun shell in my backpack. I had checked it but was in a rush packing last second an hour before leaving and somehow missed it:socrazy: The cops felt bad and said either check the bag or whatever happens outside the airport they don’t know about and isn’t their problem. I checked the bag.
Cool story, bro.

You so totally almost went to prison.

Like, so close.

Wow.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Idiots.

Agreed, however to me that doesn't mean much in the context of her situation. It is in her best interest to play nice and pray for mercy. A big component of that is not fighting it and publicly admitting her guilt, because if she didn't she would be looking at much worse. Either way I still think she is guilty, and 9 years is fookin rough especially in Russia.

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Agreed, and the above is about as dumb as it gets. However for every dumb surf traveler there 100+ clueless non-surf travelers. I was on the big island a few months ago and the average traveler there looked like they just stepped out of a Wal Mart.

Most chicken bus style surf travel teaches you to keep your head down and assimilate, or at least it did for me.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I sh!t my pants when a Federale found an old pipe in our car at the K55 parking lot and brandished his weapon. I thought for sure we were going to La Mesa Prison, although not for 9 years. We had no actual weed so when they found the Playboy stash they let us go. Moral of the story: Always take a few girlie mags when camping in Baja, and never any dope.
Never carry more than you can pay your way out of on the spot. That’s what I’ve heard anyway.

She’s a walking billboard for how to not go through customs. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. She’ll be able to pay to not do the whole stretch.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yeah, the sentence is unduly harsh, but Russia doesn't have an independent judicial system. They decide what Putin wants them to decide. Just one of the many things that are incredibly fubar about Russia.

But we shouldn''t trade a notorious arms dealer for her release. She was an idiot to think she could do that in Russia and get away with it.

But Joe Blow will try anyway. She is black and queer, after all.
I heard earlier that around 90-95% of people in russia who are convicted of possession get the maximum (10 years). They don’t fuckk around.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Idiots.

Agreed, however to me that doesn't mean much in the context of her situation. It is in her best interest to play nice and pray for mercy. A big component of that is not fighting it and publicly admitting her guilt, because if she didn't she would be looking at much worse. Either way I still think she is guilty, and 9 years is fookin rough especially in Russia.
I have heard exactly nobody suggest the sh!t was planted.

Reactions: grapedrink

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I was on an Island in a remote spot on it in the Gulf of Siam in the early 90's. 4 hours 4wd to the nearest cop shop. I sat dow with some friends at the local drinkery and addition to there being a bong on the table and a little pile of weed... the menu over the bar offered Opiums, weed and Cocaine. I cant Remember what else. Oh yeah.. homemade water buffalo yogurt.

3F8DCF98-BB79-4C16-807F-FFDB386D38C8.jpeg

Last edited: