Brian Hilbers Vid

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
always like his boards

this video makes me want one even more

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/33691826" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/33691826">Brian Hilbers Fineline Surfboards</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/ericpritchard">Eric Pritchard</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
My mp I got used off cl is a board no matter what I well always have in my quiver because its super fun from knee high to oh+ no matter how ugly it gets :rockin:

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Thanks, that's awesome. It's refreshing to hear someone speak the truth about "magic" boards, and shaping in general.....

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Funny, I was just browsing the interweb looking at different eggs and his stood out to me. Where's the closest place to SD that I can grope one of these?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
silentbutdeadly said:
Funny, I was just browsing the interweb looking at different eggs and his stood out to me. Where's the closest place to SD that I can grope one of these?
Mitch's has some sometimes.

Either Fineline or PHD are his labels

adam33

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 23, 2005
Long Beach, NY
I've owned many of Brian's boards. Fromhulls to fish, to quad shortboards.
They were all great. Amazing customer service and very interesting to chat with.
Good guy. Not sure why I stopped ordering boards from him. I guess I just wanted to try something different like most of us on here. Maybe I need to order one!
Great video! Thanks!

PS- The Microant was one of my favorite shapes from Brian. I think it was a 7'6.

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
If anyone wants to venture into the weird world that is displacement hulls, do what I did & get a Gee Bee from Brian. It's a very easy to ride hull with sidebite options. That way you can get your feet wet before trying to surf a Liddle or Klaus Jones hull.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Had a Geebee. Moments of blazing brilliance and just as many psychotic kookiness. The board picks up energy early, easily and transfers that to speed instantly. Too often a little too much energy in the water around here for it and for me.
Have the Akula 7' hull from him. That board is always a good time in chest to headish high lined up waves. Only two things to do on it, either big bottom turn to the pocket, set the rail and go or late take off to set rail to tubetime, front or backside.

That MP is very desirable.

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
Always wanted a GeeBee. So dope.

Had an egg that I only liked on waves with a push. It wasn't a high planing machine. Pretty hully. BUT, it had the most chrystaline bottom turns and loved the pocket. I like it even more now than then. Thankfully my friend owns it.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Deepism said:
Always wanted a GeeBee. So dope.

Had an egg that I only liked on waves with a push. It wasn't a high planing machine. Pretty hully. BUT, it had the most chrystaline bottom turns and loved the pocket. I like it even more now than then. Thankfully my friend owns it.
Yeah I tried my MP with out side bites and regardless where I put the fin in the box it rides better with them no matter wave size :wave2:

Colin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 11, 2005
east oahu
A couple/few years camped out at San Onofre State Park with a crew including Brian Hilbers. Very nice guy. Easy to talk to and genuinely stoked on surfboards and design. He let me take out his brand spankin new personal ANT in windy less than ideal longboard conditions. Windy waves with some push can be bouncy no fun on a longboard, especially without a leash on a board you've never surfed before. The board surfed very comfortbaly and predictably both backside and frontside, which is a strong compliment given the conditions. I didn't go swimming once. He offered me his micro ant for a surf the next morning, and I still regret not taking him up on the offer. Great guy. I hope to have one of his boards in the quiver should the opportunity present itself.