Breathholding contest in La Jolla?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Yeah, you Ventura pussies have been crying to the cops since the 70s.

We don’t play that sh!t up here. :shameonyou:

Come to Ledbetter sure, but watch your step!
Worst ventura tells la go home and claims central CA while its bad enough some SB residents claim 805 is Central:monkey:

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
Also find that even after surfing 40+ years w/ 17 years at OBSF I feel so much more confident and relaxed in the water now that I have done the Freediving and do the apnea work.
100% agree. When I'm breath holding I count by seconds really slow to keep my mind from wandering to help keep my heart rate low. Basically I'll say one-one thousand, two-one thousand, etc. But I say each "one-thousand" so slow that it actually takes me 3-4 seconds for each time I say the numeral. I've found myself underwater starting to do this now and it's comforting to know I've got dozens and dozens of more counts before I'm in any real trouble.

Reactions: tacos

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
100% agree. When I'm breath holding I count by seconds really slow to keep my mind from wandering to help keep my heart rate low. Basically I'll say one-one thousand, two-one thousand, etc. But I say each "one-thousand" so slow that it actually takes me 3-4 seconds for each time I say the numeral. I've found myself underwater starting to do this now and it's comforting to know I've got dozens and dozens of more counts before I'm in any real trouble.
I do the slow ”one-one thousand“ count all the time when exercising. Helps psychologically to be behind the actual time.