Brawling

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
But they do. Quite often. Lots of times they get charged, too. You can win the trial, but even if you qualify for a free attorney, the costs in terms of stress and lost time you spend at court are enormous. It can literally take years off your life.

Not worth it unless it absolutely cannot be avoided.

I have an acquaintance who shot and killed an intruder in his house that was armed with a knife. He didn’t get charged, but he’s had to explain why a murder arrest shows up in his criminal history check several times.
That's a failure of every system we have

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That is the thing with good fighters.

They are vulnerable to ambush by the looser who evens the playing field with a weapon.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

They are vulnerable to ambush by the looser who evens the playing field with a weapon.
Both with weapons. You see two campesinos going after it with machetes on Saturday afternoon after drinking up half their weeks pay, it’s not a sporting event.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
That happened to a mesa local in at the Pit in 2010 (Bobby I). Got in a fight and apparently won, and then a gang banger POS who was with the guy he fought walked up and stabbed him in the neck. Game over for both of them.

• Sad
Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Friend of mine was murdered (broad daylight at the beach) after “winning” a fight in which he defended some chick who had her bag stolen.

Dude went back to his car, grabbed a knife and stabbed my buddy in the neck.

Bled out right there....

• Sad
Reactions: Havoc and Ifallalot

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
So white and mesitizo people calling other white and mestizo people nigga and nigger is now code switching? Got it.
Hey Casa,
I've seen thee 'N' word used here on Thee erBB more than a few times, that song i posted, well it seems to be from 1919,
100 years ago, it's prob' still ingrained in me brain from the '60's or from listenin' to Dr. Demento on Sunday nights
on L.A.'s old 94.7 KMET radio station, now long gone...
Make what~ever ya want of it that ya will, ok?
:drowning:

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I taught my son option 1 run away , option 2 run away, option 3 hit the target blocking you and then run away
When I was in middle school I took karate lessons (itwas the time of Bruce Lee and "Enter the Dragon" and everybody was siging up for martial arts). My teacher started by emphasizing that it was for self DEFENSE. If he heard we were starting fights at school we'd be kicked out.

He had a couple options before your first option- #1 your demeanor should be such as to not start fights, #2 apologize. If that fails, then run away. If caught and trapped, try apologizing again. Never throw the first punch. Wait, block, and at that point strike to disable or kill. That was the point the techniques we were learning started.

At that time I remember seeing this guy, Frank Smith, who was kind of invincible. I watched my instructor get cleaned up by the guy during sparring. He later pointed out that Frank Smith never threw a first punch. He always waits, blocks and then is lightning fast in response. Sometimes his matches would end in a draw when his opponents, knowing his tactic, also refused to throw a first punch. Perfect match.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Both with weapons. You see two campesinos going after it with machetes on Saturday afternoon after drinking up half their weeks pay, it’s not a sporting event.
I was in a village and these two Vietnamese women were going at it with big bamboo stick as the village looked on.

It was rad.

I said to my buddy, we should probably go surf.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
i've been in enough fightz,
won some, lost many too, i carry a knife on me, on Thee Streetz, most alll thee time...
this 1 is all q~ued up for ya, it is better to just Walk Away:
ya dig?
:cool:

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Maybe a different spot. I've never seen anyone suit up at their car, but I know you know the spot. If you haven't surfed there in a few years, yeah, there's a list now and they drive in instead of walk from the parking area. Security is bumped up where the hike in area is, so if you walk in, you're taking a very long beach hike to get there (or be extra stealth).
Im pretty sure the list is done now, the land there sold. The spot I think @Duffy LaCoronilla is referring to is couple hours to the north and very heavy break. Been there once and got hassled, sick wave though.