Brawling

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I train so I don't have to fight

But

There's no reason that anyone fighting in self-defense should ever end up in cuffs.
A friend of mine used to be an All Army wrestler and an amateur boxer, trained but never made the olympic wrestling team....but he was skilled to say the least. I remember a few years ago we were at a party and he wound up getting into it with a friend of a friend who I knew and was a great guy and a legitimate brown belt under Marcelo Gracie.. Not sure what happened but these guys went at it for a few minutes and you saw what happens when a trained boxer who can relax in that situation happens into a street fight. After about 30 seconds he dialed it up and you saw the frustration and energy drain from the other guy. Luckily both were trained by professional and honorable men so both settled it when the outcome was clear.

There's a lot of courage out there from all these different style gyms but there's levels to fighting and your workaday guy who follows a program a few days a week isn't near as ready for a street fight as he thinks he is.

Sep 13, 2019
It's probably been like 12yrs. Drunk guy at a party my then-gf was having. All of my anger with the coked up gf got unloaded on him. Two of her friends that were marines grabbed us both and pushed us through the front door out on the streets where I got the best of him. A few weeks later I ended up at a brunch with his GF that I didn't recognize and got to have the awkward conversation about how I fuccked her BF's ass.
I did a little editing to make your post truthful. Yes that must've been awkward. I hope you at least wore protection.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
A friend of mine used to be an All Army wrestler and an amateur boxer, trained but never made the olympic wrestling team....but he was skilled to say the least. I remember a few years ago we were at a party and he wound up getting into it with a friend of a friend who I knew and was a great guy and a legitimate brown belt under Marcelo Gracie.. Not sure what happened but these guys went at it for a few minutes and you saw what happens when a trained boxer who can relax in that situation happens into a street fight. After about 30 seconds he dialed it up and you saw the frustration and energy drain from the other guy. Luckily both were trained by professional and honorable men so both settled it when the outcome was clear.

There's a lot of courage out there from all these different style gyms but there's levels to fighting and your workaday guy who follows a program a few days a week isn't near as ready for a street fight as he thinks he is.
That's interesting, are you saying he took him out boxing, or his boxing bg or conditioning helped his composure? Every person with a wrestling bg I've ever seen usually wipes the floor with boxers and most grapplers who don't have a wrestling background.
2nd paragraph is legit, but most people don't train or fight regularly anyway, so any form of discipline can be an advantage against an untrained idiot who decides to start a stand up and punch style street fight.

Reactions: Havoc

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
lolz . jussvsayin hes gettin good training
And then one night a mfker on the street you're gonna put that training to the test to says "let's go behind that building in the dark, in that field where we won't get busted", and maybe he'll add something like "just you and me, and only one of us will come out of that dark". How confident are you now about that good training?

• Haha

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
2010 during the MLB playoffs. Told some kook at the Asti in downtown Santa Cruz to take off his f ing Phillies hat. Dude cheap shotted me and I laughed right in his face. Bouncer dragged him out the back dour to the alley and gave him some goodnight kisses. I got multiple drinks bought for me. Good night.
You Philly'd a Philly fan. Usually that level of thuggery (ehy! take ya fook'n hat off!) is reserved for Philly or Boston.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
That's interesting, are you saying he took him out boxing, or his boxing bg or conditioning helped his composure? Every person with a wrestling bg I've ever seen usually wipes the floor with boxers and most grapplers who don't have a wrestling background.
2nd paragraph is legit, but most people don't train or fight regularly anyway, so any form of discipline can be an advantage against an untrained idiot who decides to start a stand up and punch style street fight.
I think him being a skilled boxer made him just about impossible to handle in a street fight. Confidence and next level cardio is a ridiculous combination in a street fight where adrenaline usually gasses a person pretty quickly. I would also assume that elite wrestling is a tremendous multiplier.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So to complete the picture, Ifall posts here, self admittedly, just to **** folks off. And now you add to the story that he is some sort of tough guy.

So what you are describing is a bully?
Not a tough guy

You church ladies love creating stories in your head

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Was not a myth in the 80's....
I’m skeptical.

Ever since I found out that the Brontosaurus never really existed I‘ve been questioning everything.

...or did it?...

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
There's no reason that anyone fighting in self-defense should ever end up in cuffs.
But they do. Quite often. Lots of times they get charged, too. You can win the trial, but even if you qualify for a free attorney, the costs in terms of stress and lost time you spend at court are enormous. It can literally take years off your life.

Not worth it unless it absolutely cannot be avoided.

I have an acquaintance who shot and killed an intruder in his house that was armed with a knife. He didn’t get charged, but he’s had to explain why a murder arrest shows up in his criminal history check several times.