May 14, 2005
all black vans for 30
plain jane

i'd pony up to 50 and a lot more options but I know the art of the deal etc
That's why I buy so many used surfboar haha

scooch

Nep status
Jun 14, 2013
Never had much luck at thrift stores for shoes. I did see a decent pair of Etnies at Big 5 the other day for less than $30. Fook it! I say Go for the $15 Maui and Sons kicks from Big 5 and throw some decent insoles in em. Done. Skating just eats shoes anyway. Im cheap.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
I just skateboarderd in my new shoes. They are nice :)

Here you can see Michelin Man on the sole:
1621628161568.png

And on the heel:

1621628201186.png

Aug 24, 2021
If the shoes are qualitative, I am ready to pay more for environmentally friendly shoes. I rarely buy new shoes, once in a year, or sometimes once in two years. I always pay more for getting a brand pair of shoes that I would wear for many years. My favorite ones are air jordans sneakers. I love them because the materials of the shoes are excellent, and also I can wear them with all my clothes from my garderobe because I can match them with any clothes. I have a lot of Air Jordans at home that I bought years ago and are still good.

Last edited:

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
My adidas fell apart quickly. the rubber started to crack after a few months. they also run too narrow for me, so that's a no for me dawg.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
My adidas fell apart quickly. the rubber started to crack after a few months. they also run too narrow for me, so that's a no for me dawg.
They are narrow for sure but I think you got some from a bad batch or something because every pair I’ve owned has lasted forever. Especially if I was proactive with applying Shoe Goo to wear spots on the soles. Because that’s the only place on them that seems to wear out. Aside from scuffs and the suede on the toes discoloring the uppers were wicked durable.

Reactions: rowjimmytour
Jan 4, 2021
I'm a skater, and I had the same problem as you. I used to buy shoes from skate stores, but I'm not going to do that anymore. It breaks down very quickly. I understand that shoes break down quickly on skates, but not even in 3-4 weeks. I sometimes browse https://ootdadvisor.com/en/, and besides that, I see that many people wear Nike SB and Vans casual, but these shoes are made for skaters. I tried my luck and bought a pair of each brand. WOW! I was amazed at such good quality. I've had them for a year now, and everything is fine with them :) I recommend!

Last edited:

surf-shot.com

Nep status
Feb 10, 2008
www.surf-shot.com
Nobody is going to confuse these $22 shoes with $100 Vans or Etnies but they are about the best you can do for the money. Ample cushoning doesn't allow foot to wiggle around in the shoe and shoes last a pretty long time. The tongue is teathered and needs to be centered but once you've got everything lined up they are comfortable.

• Love
Reactions: 20W-50 and blood

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
How is the fit on these bad boys? My addidas are too narrow up front for my widish hoofs.
I have duck feet also, and they fit me fine. I have my skate shoes 1 size smaller than walking shoes and they're still not too snug.

Reactions: Aruka