Boosters for everyone (for ever and ever)…Mask up, bitches!

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
New variant and wave incoming!
There have been other variants found that ended up dying out. So it’s not like the CDC and WHO are announcing variants for the sole purpose of panicking the public and carrying out some nefarious secret plan.

The R.1 variant was first detected in Japan at the end of November 2020.

The variant raised concerns in the U.S. after it infected 45 residents and staff at a Kentucky nursing home. It was then detected in 47 U.S. states and 35 countries around the world. Researchers found its mutations helped it bypass the antibody protection provided by COVID-19 vaccinations.

But neither the World Health Organization (WHO) nor the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have classified the R.1 variant as one of concern or interest, a classification that indicates its potential for having widespread health impacts. Globally, there have been 10,573 known cases of the R.1 variant, as of September 24.

On September 20, the WHO downgraded the COVID-19 variants Eta, Iota and Kappa variants from being "variants of concern" to "variants under monitoring."

R.1 and other variants have all remained far less prevalent than the Delta variant. As of September 20, the Delta variant accounts for 99 percent of all COVID-19 cases throughout the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
11/6 California Surf Museum Silver Surfer Awards auction at Cape Rey conveniently about a mile and a half west of my house. A mask free, 6 super spreader hour event. I left after about an hour as my sinuses were running like a garden hose all over the rubber chicken dinner Cringe worthy? Just look at the MC. Of note, It’s amazing what years of sun damage combined with unkept gray hair can do to those surf goddesses. The awards should have gone to the surf contest organizers, judges, sponsors and photographers without whom these people would not be up there.

Attachments

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
11/6 California Surf Museum Silver Surfer Awards auction at Cape Rey conveniently about a mile and a half west of my house. A mask free, 6 super spreader hour event. I left after about an hour as my sinuses were running like a garden hose all over the rubber chicken dinner Cringe worthy? Just look at the MC. Of note, It’s amazing what years of sun damage combined with unkept gray hair can do to those surf goddesses. The awards should have gone to the surf contest organizers, judges, sponsors and photographers without whom these people would not be up there.
How was the stroganoff :unsure:

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron

Poland announced tighter Covid restrictions to prevent the pandemic from further straining the country’s health care system, including a switch to remote schooling over an extended holiday period.
The government also plans to impose mandatory vaccinations for health care professionals, uniformed services as well as teachers from March 1, Health Minister Adam Niedzielski told a video conference on Tuesday.

Poland lowered the number of people allowed in public spaces such as restaurants and hotels, and will close discos as of Dec. 15.

In the latest wave of the pandemic, which accelerated last month, Poland has registered as many as 29,000 new cases and 500 deaths per day.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Poland announced tighter Covid restrictions to prevent the pandemic from further straining the country’s health care system, including a switch to remote schooling over an extended holiday period.
The government also plans to impose mandatory vaccinations for health care professionals, uniformed services as well as teachers from March 1, Health Minister Adam Niedzielski told a video conference on Tuesday.

Poland lowered the number of people allowed in public spaces such as restaurants and hotels, and will close discos as of Dec. 15.

In the latest wave of the pandemic, which accelerated last month, Poland has registered as many as 29,000 new cases and 500 deaths per day.
Plus even his hero Putin locked down.

Reactions: Norm'