Boosters for everyone (for ever and ever)…Mask up, bitches!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Case rates in SB county are currently 16.2/100K for unvaxxed, 4.6/100K for vaxxed. So you are about 3.5 times more likely to get Covid if you are unvaxxed. I am fairly positive that the ratio for hospitalization and death rates for vaxxed vs. unvaxxed are a lot higher.
Ok. I have ever said anything that contradicts that?

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Theres no mask mandate in Ventura county.
Yes there is, and it is being extended

View attachment 119476
Doesn’t seem like anyone in Ventura gives a sh!t.
So instead of a retraction of your obvious falsehood, you divert to the "no one really cares" course.

And you partially fail there too because some people obviously care or we wouldn't have all read of grapedrink's experience:

I grabbed lunch at a fast food restaurant while driving thru Ventura county. No sign on the door and I’m not a resident, so I figured no worries. Karen at the counter checked me immediately and I pointed out that there was no sign, and she’s basically like: “you should know”.

Like bitch, no I shouldn’t
Usually you man up when you are blatantly wrong which is actually refreshing around here.

PS
ifallalot: Is the downvote on my posting of the Ventura Country statement about me posting it or is downvote on the Ventura County statement? Sometimes the graemlins are ambiguous, which actually mean the correct answer is "yes'' to both sides

Reactions: afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So instead of a retraction of your obvious falsehood, you divert to the "no one really cares" course.

And you partially fail there too because some people obviously care or we wouldn't have all read of grapedrink's experience:

Usually you man up when you are blatantly wrong which is actually refreshing around here.

PS
ifallalot: Is the downvote on my posting of the Ventura Country statement about me posting it or is downvote on the Ventura County statement? Sometimes the graemlins are ambiguous, which actually mean the correct answer is "yes'' to both sides
It was downvoting the statement from Ventura County

Fuck them supervisors

Reactions: Driftcoast

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

PS
Why is this nit so important for you to pick?

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
I get that you guys are pissed because a bunch of scientists weren’t able to accurately predict how an easily transmissible and novel virus would mutate and spread around the world. Or that they didn’t have the foresight to predict that a significant number of people would fear vaccines more than the actual virus.

Yes, the same folks that were emphasizing “Well actually he didn’t say to drink bleach, he merely suggested bringing a disinfectant inside the body” are demanding a higher standard from these so called experts.

If the “experts“ were so smart they should have known just how dumb the average person is.

Reactions: CutnSnip and afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I get that you guys are pissed because a bunch of scientists weren’t able to accurately predict how an easily transmissible and novel virus would mutate and spread around the world. Or that they didn’t have the foresight to predict that a significant number of people would fear vaccines more than the actual virus.

Yes, the same folks that were emphasizing “Well actually he didn’t say to drink bleach, he merely suggested bringing a disinfectant inside the body” are demanding a higher standard from these so called experts.

If the “experts“ were so smart they should have known just how dumb the average person is.
Mischaracterization of $1000, Alex

BTW, this attitude is one of the many reasons why people are so against any measures whatsoever

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

That’s not the problem I have. It’s when the Powers That Be say “follow the science” when pushing something, then ignore the science when it shows that their mandates are pointless. Such as covid vaccines for children or outdoor mask mandates.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Mischaracterization of $1000, Alex

BTW, this attitude is one of the many reasons why people are so against any measures whatsoever
Yes, the anti jab and anti mask crowd would never stoop to mischaracterize the draconian, tyrannical forceful abuse suffered by those unlucky enough to hear the phrase “hey, can you put on a mask?”.
:monkey: