**BONZER THREAD 2014**

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
I have a 5'2 biscuit bonzer. Works from knee-high to about chest high. Will get squirrely after that. Super fast and loose. Definitely more performance than my MLV. It has a much flatter rocker than the mlv too. But to be honest i prefer twins in the really small stuff.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Do I need a five fin? Never tried one. I’ve been riding shorter boards for a good while now. 6’1 is my longest board.

Does a 6’6 egg qualify as a midlength?

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Too bad they sped up the footage.
Agreed, in places. You can still tell that they’re Maching based on how far out on the face they’re getting. I’m no science bitch but no one will convince me more fins doesn’t = more drag, that and I read Curren say nothing was faster than a single fin.

Mar 1, 2020
Flowbee... I have a 5'10'' MBLV and a 5'10'' Larry Mabile twinzer. They are Very very different. For me, bonzers stay strong to a single fin heritage. The twinzer is born from a twin fin. That's the main difference to me - just my opinion. I ride single fins alot, so the bonzer is a perfect transition when the waves turn on. I think they are more pivoty that the twinzer. The twinzer wants to sit up on top of the wave more. It would be hard for me to pick only one. I prefer the bonzer on my backhand, and the twinzer frontside.
I'm about to get a 5'10", MLV but want to make sure it is not over volumed for me. How much did you weigh when you were riding your MLV. I'm 175lb, right now but my weigh ranges from 175-185lbs. Any advice would be helpful.

Reactions: urchined
May 20, 2020
I'm about to get a 5'10", MLV but want to make sure it is not over volumed for me. How much did you weigh when you were riding your MLV. I'm 175lb, right now but my weigh ranges from 175-185lbs. Any advice would be helpful.
Keep in mind the MBLV has more volume than expected. Mine is 2 7/8 and feels and paddles like its 3" thick

Reactions: ECOSRFR310

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Anyone know how to size an octafish?

I have a 5-10 AO. That prob is a bit big but great from waist to DOH

I’m 6-2. 175lb. 44 yrs old. Surfing 25 yrs
I’ve messed this up so I know. And I talked to a lot of people since because I fuk’d it up. Size like ur fish Is the general advice. Maybe a tad longer. I ride a 5’8” keel fish. I ordered a octa at 6x20.5x2.5. Longer narrower and thinner than stock dims. I sold it. Tons a foam up front. I’d probably go 5’9” x 20 3/4 x 2 1/2 If I did tried again. I would talk to Malcolm way more in-depth than I did last time though before ordering.

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Is this anyone here?

http://instagr.am/p/CLPbrMgHQMM/

I've been through a few Russ Shorts and soooooo close to clicking fully with one. I haven't given up, cause the board is just too good.
I really like the outline on this one- fuller especially in the tail and was wondering on the dims/ordering?
Thanks!

Reactions: rowjimmytour