**BONZER THREAD 2014**

rowjimmytour

Kelly Slater status
Feb 7, 2009
Rbeach
Fin size depends on the board. Some of my bonzers work with 6, 6.5, 7. Others, just a 6.5 at 5 3/4.
:shrug:
7" TA bonzer 5.75" tail:
5'6 Bumblebee 5 fin
7'1" Semi gun 5 fin
8' ewing log 5 fin
All went both frontside and backside and shined in 5th gear:shaka:

Reactions: wilco

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
:shrug:
7" TA bonzer 5.75" tail:
5'6 Bumblebee 5 fin
7'1" Semi gun 5 fin
8' ewing log 5 fin
All went both frontside and backside and shined in 5th gear:shaka:
Yeah my MLV worked with all three at 5 3/4 to 6. Depends on the rider, stance etc. I had an octafish that nothing worked in - just felt slow and boggy.

Reactions: wilco

Sharky

Michael Peterson status
Feb 25, 2006
Anybody ever try a 5-1/2" center?
Yup. I’m stubborn sometimes. Did that with my very first five fin. You can make it work, but you start losing drive. For years I’ve been threatening to take the side fins and increase size and shrink the center fin all the way down to around thruster size. I’ve wanted to do that for a long time. I even did the math, made templates modified the cluster and mapped it out. It would be a ton of work unless you got lucky first try. I don’t have the time anymore. I’d need time and multiple test pilots. Never going to happen. Maybe someone else will give it a go.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Kelly Slater status
Feb 7, 2009
Rbeach
Yup. I’m stubborn sometimes. Did that with my very first five fin. You can make it work, but you start losing drive. For years I’ve been threatening to take the side fins and increase size and shrink the center fin all the way down to around thruster size. I’ve wanted to do that for a long time. I even did the math, made templates modified the cluster and mapped it out. It would be a ton of work unless you got lucky first try. I don’t have the time anymore. I’d need time and multiple test pilots. Never going to happen. Maybe someone else will give it a go.
Seems like for me a least would've been easier to get MC to shape you a thruster :shrug: Once saw this MC shaped single he did a little under 7' looked pretty sweet but if I am having MC shape me a board its going to be a bonzer bottom regardless how many fins:waving: