Bonzer Best In Show

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
ima keep it erBB real and vote for @One-Off
Danke schon.

I'll likely be up against the masters... but I am not ashamed of the board I created. One of the critieria is "functional." As I always do on spec boards, which is mostly all I do, is make something I would want to ride myself. I'm performance oriented. So the board is 6'-1" x 20-1/2" x 2-5/8", 4-1/4" nose rocker and 2" tail rocker. It came out 7 lbs. It's not light but not heavy. And even though it could be a wall hanger (as I know many of my boards end up being) it is meant to be a So Cal daily driver/step up. There are a couple of reefs and semi points I think the board would carve up really nicely. Oh, and this build method lasts just shy of forever.

Pics to come. Today I spent the day making a surfboard display stand. I almost forgot you have to supply your own. I had some scrap lumber and designed something that made my life difficult. Then I went to Staples and made some business cards with a typo.:foreheadslap:

ps I didn't know you could vote. I thought the Campbell Brothers are judging.

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Pretty sick line up!

Sat:
Free board give away by the board source!
Boardroom talk with Tom Curren and Jamie Brisick

Sun:
Free board giveaway again.
Fluid dynamics fin talk with Ricci Rossi.

Those are the highlights for me! Plus all the eye candy (boards I mean).

I purchased a board from Firewire today too and gonna pick it up at the show! Woohoo.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I don't have a chance. I'm a David amidst Goliaths- Andreini, Roger Hinds, Sunset, Gary Hanel....
I'm wondering if the pro guys did their own glassing, sanding etc.or if they just shaped them? Hanel's had the Moonlight sticker on it.

IMG_8722.jpgIMG_8721.jpg

Most of the boards were longer mid lengths, guns or longboards. Like I said, I make what I would like to ride. Of the other entries this one would get my vote.- basalt and carbon shortboard, b5.

IMG_8712 2.jpgIMG_8713.jpg