Bombshell: Top New Jersey Officials Were Warned In Advance That Putting Covid Patients In Nursing Homes Would Needlessly Kill Nursing Home Patients.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Bombshell: Top New Jersey Officials Were Warned In Advance That Putting Covid Patients In Nursing Homes Would Needlessly Kill Nursing Home Patients.

Audio of a conference call between the Murphy administration and the administrators of the state's nursing homes has been released and it is devastating. A speaker on the call came right out and argued and warned them that this policy would needlessly kill their patients..........and sure enough it did. 8,000 seniors in New Jersey's nursing homes did not have to die.

Here is the story:

For Murphy and Cuomo, questions persist over decision to readmit nursing home residents. Here’s what happened.

By Susan K. Livio | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com and Ted Sherman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
The conversation was tense.

New Jersey Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli began the March 31 conference call with hundreds of long-term care facility operators explaining they were expected to allow nursing home patients recovering from COVID-19 to return from the hospital.

But while she made it clear that they would be required to assign separate staff and separate them from other residents — or to let the state know right away if that was not possible — the exasperation on the other end of the phone was palpable.

“Patients will die,” an unidentified administrator declared, according to a recording of the outspoken meeting obtained by NJ Advance Media. “You understand that by asking us to take COVID patients, by demanding we take COVID patients, that patients will die in nursing homes that wouldn’t have otherwise died had we screened them out.”

Nearly 12 months later, questions continue to swirl around the decision to send patients back into nursing homes, both in New Jersey and in New York, two states with the highest number of nursing home deaths nationwide. The directive remains a lightning rod for criticism, amid a belief that lives were lost because of it, even though each state provided alternative housing for nursing homes unable to sequester residents.

Full story below:

Last edited:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
you have such a double standard for everything. It pretty much disqualifies you.
But it's the only information you receive, via your facebook, so it's inevitable. You're an excellent example of a FOX newsy millennial, which is enlightening for the rest of us.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
you have such a double standard for everything. It pretty much disqualifies you.
But it's the only information you receive, via your facebook, so it's inevitable. You're an excellent example of a FOX newsy millennial, which is enlightening for the rest of us.
To sum up your post, you are a partisan hack who is OK with what NJ.com (a left leaning news site if ever there was one) reported. You'd rather insult me for bringing damaging information foreword.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
To sum up your post, you are a partisan hack who is OK with what NJ.com (a left leaning news site if ever there was one) reported. You'd rather insult me for bringing damaging information foreword.
I'm not commenting on the specific news story.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You are so lacking in integrity that you think its OK that democrat state officials acted so irresponsibly resulting in the deaths of thousands of senior citizens along with staff members at nursing homes. You should be ashamed.
It’s a hoax!

They KNEW!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
this seems silly...

you have elderly and infirm people who are already living in a health care setting

you also have an emergent viral pandemic and major hospital bed shortages

they sent sick people back to their hospital-esque residence for ventilation and to convalesce

was the solution to let this cohort remain in the hospitals occupying the beds?

aren't nursing homes effectively overflow hospital bed capacity?

could they have done better? well, yeah, I'm sure there are a million things we could have done better

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Cuomo is horrible. If Murphy sucks then he sucks. Your boy was impeached, twice. Not convicted because spineless senators. That will be the consensus as we move forward. Will you eventually catch on? Time will tell.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
this seems silly...

you have elderly and infirm people who are already living in a health care setting

you also have an emergent viral pandemic and major hospital bed shortages

they sent sick people back to their hospital-esque residence for ventilation and to convalesce

was the solution to let this cohort remain in the hospitals occupying the beds?

aren't nursing homes effectively overflow hospital bed capacity?

could they have done better? well, yeah, I'm sure there are a million things we could have done better
exactly. It sucks, but during a major global crisis, things rarely go smoothly

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it just doesn't seem like a conspiracy and it doesn't seem like all that bad
of a move considering the options at the time

if he's a creeper, kick him out, I don't care, he's not my fkn governor and my
entire personal identity is not defined by my political affiliation so I give zero
fks what parenthetical letter comes after his name

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Except there were plenty of empty hospital beds in NJ so there was no need to send them back in with otherwise healthy people. NJ set up emergency hospitals that ended up going mostly unused because hospitals never reached full capacity.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Except there were plenty of empty hospital beds in NJ so there was no need to send them back in with otherwise healthy people. NJ set up emergency hospitals that ended up going mostly unused because hospitals never reached full capacity.
Well then, you're right. You should consider healthcare administration. You'd do better financially.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I’m still unclear - is Covid dangerous or no?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it looks like jersey had systemic issues that exacerbated the situation...high patient density
and a track record for failing to contain infections.

it also appears that they got better at things and death rates at long term care facilities are down

they did not continue to transfer patients back out to long term care facilities when it became clear
that bed capacity was not impacted

like I said...the hulabaloo seems extremely contrived when you look at the facts in context

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
it looks like jersey had systemic issues that exacerbated the situation...high patient density
and a track record for failing to contain infections.

it also appears that they got better at things and death rates at long term care facilities are down

they did not continue to transfer patients back out to long term care facilities when it became clear
that bed capacity was not impacted

like I said...the hulabaloo seems extremely contrived when you look at the facts in context
Except that at one point nearly half of the deaths in the state were in nursing homes.