Bombing hills

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Just found this hill about a mile from my place on tonight’s dog walk. Made me want to go tighten my trucks. It’s wide, steep and straight as an arrow. Pavement is a lil suspect though.

not sure if this photo does it justice...

72791E18-5741-4EF9-83E7-A70003FBC26D.jpeg

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Nut Up.

We had/have a major hill in my hood. Hames Road. Back in the late 70's, freshly paved. We rode the bus home as Freshmen/Sophmores. No Licence. Bus Driver would let us off at the top. Daily. This is in the days before Roadriders/sealed bearings. Caddilac Wheels. Loose bearings. Skinny trucks. One of my best Aptos HS teachers lived on the final straight. He surfed. Used to kick on his porch with a coldy and watch the unlucky get speed wobbles in front of his house. Good times.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Heading home from Jalama I thought it would be fun to slalom the last hill coming down from the valley.
Started out fine, then the turns got a little more drawn out and a little faster and a little more drawn out and a lot faster then the wobbles set in and that was that.
I ended up chundering off my ass and off the road into the weeds. Tore my levi's half off.
One hell of a hamburger road rash.
My buddy was following in the van and said I was up to 30.
I lost interest in big downhills after that.

scooch

Nep status
Jun 14, 2013
I seem to go down the YouTube hill bombing hole every couple weeks. sh!t makes me nervous as fook!! Almost seems doable sometimes when Im watching, but I know real life is a completely different story. Backyard pools, ditches, parks, Im in. Big hill bombs, I gotta pass. Respect to the ones who roll though.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Life.

Ask yourselves. How will you go when your time is up.

Will you go crying like some kind of bitch?? Will you nut up. Look Fate in the eye. and go like a man???? Your choice.

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Life.

Ask yourselves. How will you go when your time is up.

Will you go crying like some kind of bitch?? Will you nut up. Look Fate in the eye. and go like a man???? Your choice.
My buddy broke his femur hillbombing and almost died. He filmed it and took it like a champ

skating again now