Bobby Quad

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
bro those are just the CI quad prototypes before they finalize the hex branding!
:LOL:
[/QUOTE]
When I had Stretch shape my buzzsaw I told then Dave shop manager to place "no friends" laminate like hex brand here in SB. He did not get placement exact (little far) not sure on purpose or did not draw a sketch for him exact placement:foreheadslap:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Is there Bobby quad stock sizing available?

I do wonder if going through XTR or Varial will shave down the custom lead time.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Is there Bobby quad stock sizing available?

I do wonder if going through XTR or Varial will shave down the custom lead time.
Their current version is almost the exact dimensions/volume of the Pod Mod. If you call them up, they tell you just to build and submit a PodMod order and just say Bobby Quad in the notes

• Love
Reactions: Havoc and racer1

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Pretty sure I saw a Bobby Quad out in the wild today. A regular footer was surfing HB on what looked like a bobby quad with a black pin outline around the board... and im pretty sure he had no leash (which is impressive if true because it was about head high or bigger on some of the sets). I saw the unknown rider get a little frontside tube and a couple of good rights. Didnt pay attention much attention to the board until he got out, but you could tell he was a good surfer. He had a full suit with a hood (and the water was relatively warm) so i couldn't make-out who he was. But the board definitely looked like it had glass-on fins, with the "tomo inspired tail" (yeah i said it) and a wide nose and pretty straight rail line. Looked a lot like the bobby quad.

Fun waves in HB with minimal crowd. Head high and hollow. I was stoked get a few. Surfed for an hour. :cool: :shaka:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
The good news is after a month of my board “awaiting production“ in CIs board tracker it‘s now moved to “milling”. So in a few weeks tops it will be cut and glassed and ready to go...right???......right????

Scott Ando

OTF status
Nov 12, 2002
Santa Barbara
Visit site
The good news is after a month of my board “awaiting production“ in CIs board tracker it‘s now moved to “milling”. So in a few weeks tops it will be cut and glassed and ready to go...right???......right????
Once it moves into the CNC, then it goes to shape and glass fairly steadily. The CNC process is a bit like the gatekeeper as once the board is milled or shaped you want to avoid them sitting around.
The only holdup would be an airbrush as spray guy isn't full time

Reactions: Havoc

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Once it moves into the CNC, then it goes to shape and glass fairly steadily. The CNC process is a bit like the gatekeeper as once the board is milled or shaped you want to avoid them sitting around.
The only holdup would be an airbrush as spray guy isn't full time
:) why do you waste your valuable time on my smart arse comment?? i think everyone here appreciates when guys like you, pyzel, etc etc take the time to answer questions. and we also know anything under 3 months for a custom is a success these days.

i don't want to be blamed by the errb for wasting Ando's one post for June....on non-sense. you'll get me banned!!

there was a Bobby Quad on the "don't touch customs" rack at your head shop this weekend. that the same one you posted? it looks tasty!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
:) why do you waste your valuable time on my smart arse comment?? i think everyone here appreciates when guys like you, pyzel, etc etc take the time to answer questions. and we also know anything under 3 months for a custom is a success these days.

i don't want to be blamed by the errb for wasting Ando's one post for June....on non-sense. you'll get me banned!!

there was a Bobby Quad on the "don't touch customs" rack at your head shop this weekend. that the same one you posted? it looks tasty!
I touched it...