Bobby Quad

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Pretty sure this board was under Tanner G's feet at lowers yesterday...surfing always looks different from the water vs land but that board did not look easy to ride and had a really curvy nose rocker.
Guys at stretch would always tell me not to get the mr. Buzz it’s a difficult board to surf.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Guys at stretch would always tell me not to get the mr. Buzz it’s a difficult board to surf.
:socrazy:
The two stretch boards Bobby rode superbuzz and buzzsaw both have relaxed rocker more user friendly I own both and user friendly. Mr Buzz all I have seen you need a good fazt perfect wave not a trestles burger:shaka:

Reactions: rts265

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
If it is a superbuzz / mr buzz copy, you would see almost no entry rocker. Like a plank.
  • Low entry rocker, extreme tail flip, pronounced single to double concave Mr Buzz then the Superbuzz has more relaxed tail flip more user friendly.

Reactions: Aardwolf

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
:socrazy:
The two stretch boards Bobby rode superbuzz and buzzsaw both have relaxed rocker more user friendly I own both and user friendly. Mr Buzz all I have seen you need a good fazt perfect wave not a trestles burger:shaka:
Weird. I rode a mr buzz (board swap with a random dude, he rode my wizard sleeve) on some decent waves, not all that powerful and I found it to be really easy to ride. It was a 5’6 IIRC.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Weird. I rode a mr buzz (board swap with a random dude, he rode my wizard sleeve) on some decent waves, not all that powerful and I found it to be really easy to ride. It was a 5’6 IIRC.
All the buzz boards can be geared high and low and some have more friendly rocker then other. Mr buzz has some series tail flip "agressive tail rocker" which for some is difficult to surf non steep waves etc but I guess if you can beat tyson ya can ride a mr buzz:poke:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
All the buzz boards can be geared high and low and some have more friendly rocker then other. Mr buzz has some series tail flip "agressive tail rocker" which for some is difficult to surf non steep waves etc but I guess if you can beat tyson ya can ride a mr buzz:poke:
Well, the spot where I rode it is a really easy wave to rip on. You probably know it.

Boat access only, breaks on south swells only.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Well, the spot where I rode it is a really easy wave to rip on. You probably know it.

Boat access only, breaks on south swells only.
Boat access for the peasants "middle class" and flat earther's of 805 but what about the 1% who own property:shameonyou:
Nope two things never do/done living most of my life in 805: Rincon (surfed once wsa 12 year old heat) and ranch I prefer less hassle and going left so I just pay annual pass and drive, park, and walk to surf on this coast:shaka::shaka:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Boat access for the peasants "middle class" and flat earther's of 805 but what about the 1% who own property:shameonyou:
Nope two things never do/done living most of my life in 805: Rincon (surfed once wsa 12 year old heat) and ranch I prefer less hassle and going left so I just pay annual pass and drive, park, and walk to surf on this coast:shaka::shaka:
Not the Ranch.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I was bored enough to check these vs other models (same 5’4”)
Bobby Quad 1.74/3.8
PodMod 1.875/4
RocketWide 2.0625/3.8125
UltraJoe 1.56/3.625

Obviously nose and tail measurements only tell partial rocker story. But fwiw
Compare to the original Pod....