Bobby Quad

Scott Ando

OTF status
Nov 12, 2002
Santa Barbara
Visit site
Something that will likely come out next year.
Years ago I remember Bobby talking about the Stretch boards NF lined up for him, he really enjoyed the feel. He was already a fan of quads but had never ridden an alt-type board before.
He's had many super short quad variants over the years, but really been working the limits of seeing how small he can go but still stay fun and functional.
Only recently some other guys been on them, seem to be a blast to ride from what I hear.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Years ago I remember Bobby talking about the Stretch boards NF lined up for him, he really enjoyed the feel. He was already a fan of quads but had never ridden an alt-type board before.
He's had many super short quad variants over the years, but really been working the limits of seeing how small he can go but still stay fun and functional.
Only recently some other guys been on them, seem to be a blast to ride from what I hear.
That should be a popular model, especially if you guys nail the non-pro sizing

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

Thank you, Scott. Appreciate it. Sounds exciting.

I love my stretch boards, but would give this one a try in XTR, Varial or SpineTek.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Looks too small for him too. His surfing is already too - what should I call it? - tight/claustrophobic for my taste. 4-6" more on his boards, and draw some longer lines, please.

The feel on a board that small is probably great when you get it locked in on rail and hauling ass. Kind of like if you lower a Honda Civic or Miata and put a fun engine in it. They don't look as cool as a bigger, more powerful car, but they are sure fun to drive. "Cornering" on a board that small at speed would be amazing.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Haha, my college buddy had a miata that was lowered and suped up.
That thing was epic to drive. Downshift through turns and ripping corners.
And it is like surfing a tiny board.
Love all my little 5'3 and 5'5's (I'm 6'1).

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
I thought comparing cars with surfboards was frowned upon on this forum?
Foreign cars... domestic cars... :shameonyou:

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I love Yadin's style! He ripping so hard on that tiny board. I thought it was called the Proton?
Yeah, he rips and I like his style as well. I talked to him for a while out at Salt Creek years ago while he was dialing in a Weirdo Ripper prototype and he’s just the nicest guy ever.

Around the same time period I had the displeasure of recording in a studio that shared a common area with the studio next door that Alex Knost’s band was tracking in, so we ended up on the same cigarette breaks fairly often over the course of a week.

My comment earlier in the thread about Yadin vs. Alex’s sponsorships should be a good indication about how I feel about my initial impression of Alex vs. Yadin.

Reactions: JDJ and oeste858

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
I really dont think there is any comparison. Yadin is on a completely different level than Knost - in every possible way.

I've seen Yadin a lot at creek and trestles and he is a very cool guy - respected and liked by all.

Reactions: ChaseTMP and JDJ

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Pretty sure this board was under Tanner G's feet at lowers yesterday...surfing always looks different from the water vs land but that board did not look easy to ride and had a really curvy nose rocker.