Bobby Quad

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
Bit of a saying among my buddies

the guy who does the most spot checks, knows the most about forecasts, swell angles and spots that work for them, their gear, the repairs, etc, probably knows the least about actually surfing.

it’s a lifestyle to them and Surfing is just a component - not that there is anytbing wrong with that… until you put it all out on social media for folks witb too mucb free time (or procrastination) to judge.
ever been to ireland? your buds dont travl if the did theyd being know. real surfers know swell stuf. id send your bud to san juanny in dec

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Come for the Bobby Quad talk….stay for the Japanese poser debate!! :)

I’ve only had my BQ out a few times in conditions it deserved better. But initial impression is if you like surfing small waves like a skateboard, you’ll love this board. These guys are obviously amazing surfers. But if you watch these clips, and then try and imagine how’d they surf these waves on something like a rocket wide. Hopefully that makes some sense?

http://instagr.am/p/CTg5B85imuM/
http://instagr.am/p/CTIoujJBo7V/
Looks like a Pod Mod with a double diamond tail. Too short and wide IMO.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
And a fair response from him. I can’t imagine me posing for a shot with ny board every time I go for a sarf (or even dragging the family with all the time), but can see that these are the times we live in
I can't imagine setting up a video camera on the beach and wearing the GPS tracker armband every time I surfed...
A) I would get heckled mercilessly, and B) the cam would get destroyed or stolen the first time.
Very rarely, I'm able to find myself on the surfline rewind cam when I surf this one spot, but it's a pain to try to go through waves and pick yourself out from long distance all the others in black suits riding a white boar.
So I don't know how guys have surf pics. I have like 5 pics of me actually surfing in my life... and none from the last 5 years. LOL
Much easier to snap a pic of the boar on the ground. No selfies tho.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Isn't that what everyone knocks tomo MPHs for?!?
Savage.
Maybe the length but not the width. Tomo even said that when he went short and wide on his planing hulls they came out looking like a boogie board. That's why he made them narrow. If the Bobby quad was more narrow with a straighter rail line I think it would look better. Just my opinion tho.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Bump, any ride reports?

Just saw Tanner G ride his, made me want to put an order in....my skill set differs a bit though