Boat fire Santa Cruz Island

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Official now is asking for families for DNA samples for id remains burned. Officer states to press, they were all trapped in bottom and burned alive. So horrific.

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Missing from boat

"A Santa Cruz marine biologist and diving instructor was on board a dive boat that went up in flames early Monday near an island off the Southern California coast, killing at least 25 people and leaving nine missing.

Kristy Finstad is the co-owner of Worldwide Diving Adventures, the company that chartered the dive boat Conception for a Labor Day weekend recreational scuba-diving trip around Channel Islands National Park."

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
First person I thought of was Tenover.
Didn't he used to do dive trips up there?

Hadn't seen him chime in on this yet. :oops:

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
First person I thought of was Tenover.
Didn't he used to do dive trips up there?

Hadn't seen him chime in on this yet. :oops:
you can roll mouse on user name and it show profile window with 'last seen'. It says on yesterday for Tenover

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
A buddy of mine at work tells me had done the same sort of driving excursion on that very same boat a few years ago.

RIP scuba-goers.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Missing from boat

"A Santa Cruz marine biologist and diving instructor was on board a dive boat that went up in flames early Monday near an island off the Southern California coast, killing at least 25 people and leaving nine missing.

Kristy Finstad is the co-owner of Worldwide Diving Adventures, the company that chartered the dive boat Conception for a Labor Day weekend recreational scuba-diving trip around Channel Islands National Park."

I'm making a board for her husband Dan right now , this is Soo bad .

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Thanks HatterasGlass-
I'm down in San Diego and have never been on the Conception. This story is just so sad on so many levels....
I have to say, this exact scenario pops into my head every time I go to bed at the bottom of the boat down at Guadalupe though.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Kristy and her husband are friends. been a terrible couple days.
life is fragile and cruel

Damn, so sorry to hear this. As tough as these tragedies are in general they're even tougher when there's a personal connection. Even when that connection is just a somewhat anonymous handle on an internet forum. Puts a lot of things into perspective. All the best to you and those close to her.

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
This is terrible. RIP and may their families find peace as well.
I only hope there was no prolonged suffering.