Boards on Aeromexico?

Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
Looking into flights and Aeromexico is coming up as best options. However, I found on their website....
"Maximum allowed length per piece is 204 cm / 80 inches in narrow cabin and 294 cm / 115 inches in wide cabin (maximum length including case)."
Of course my flights will be on narrow-body cabins, I checked.

Question is: is this for real, shortboards only? Anyone have experience with this policy?
Destination is a longboard spot, so yeah 80inches cramps my style.

Thanks in advance.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Continental used to have the same policy when they flew here for smaller/bigger planes. You don’t say where you’re coming from but my advice would be the same: Alaska is your friend.

Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
Continental used to have the same policy when they flew here for smaller/bigger planes. You don’t say where you’re coming from but my advice would be the same: Alaska is your friend.
Thanks Ogro. I'm coming down to your zone, from Oregon. I love Alaska, but they are sold out or have the worst flight schedules imaginable from here. Are you seeing/hearing if any of those longboarders coming down there use AeroMex? If not, that speaks volumes. And would explain the availability of their flights then. Not coming till Nov 1st. Would be the worst to get to airport, find out they actually have enforce the policy and I have no room in car to leave it at the airport. Not that you can leave a vehicle in Portland and expect it to be there when you return.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Saladita? I fly down there on Alaska and book with my Alaska Airlines credit card. Took two 9'8"s down last time, no questions asked and FREE. It was awesome.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Thanks Ogro. I'm coming down to your zone, from Oregon. I love Alaska, but they are sold out or have the worst flight schedules imaginable from here. Are you seeing/hearing if any of those longboarders coming down there use AeroMex? If not, that speaks volumes. And would explain the availability of their flights then. Not coming till Nov 1st. Would be the worst to get to airport, find out they actually have enforce the policy and I have no room in car to leave it at the airport. Not that you can leave a vehicle in Portland and expect it to be there when you return.
If you’re on the small plane expect them to enforce it. The other way is to go through Phoenix, I can’t remember the airline, it requires an overnight stay in Phoenix and leaves there early am. Good luck.

Reactions: MrCrash