boards from yesteryear

highline rider

Miki Dora status
Jan 31, 2003
Orange County
i just watched inner most limits for the first time and fell in love with a few boards. anybody know what kind of dimensions would be used on the first boards in the first secton, looks to be a 7'6" - 8' with a square tail.

me and a friend were talking about how cool it would be to just have like 4 other guys into experimenting with old and new designs and everybody shaping all the time. all the boards could be ridden by anyone in the group and nobody would be doing the same thing as somebody else. just see what kind of stuff we come up with. think of the endless possibilities.

foamdust

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 6, 2002
Honolulu, Hawaii
I M L of P F is definitely one of my favorite videos. I was really stoked when the video came out, having seen it when it first came out as a film. There was so much going on during that period right after the shortboard revolution and extremes were being pushed. You'd see wide, narrow, thin, long, short, high rails, low rails, flat bottoms, round bottoms, vee bottoms. We'd strip down an old tanker or save up for a Clark foam reject and hack out whatever our minds could think of. Some were dogs and the more talented ones ended up carving out functional shapes. Great times...