Boardbag for 7'0 egg airline travel

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Usually travel pretty minimal with 1 or 2 short boards in a 6'0 or 6'3 narrow boardbag but thinking I might want to bring my 7'0 x 21 1/2 egg on a trip along with 1 shortboard.

Haven't bought a new travel bag in ages. Who makes a good bag that will fit an egg and a shortboard but isn't overly bulky? Have kinda nightmare of dragging an old 7'0 destination surf taco style boardbag around south america 20 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Northern_Shores

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I generally just throw my boards in their day bags and then into the travel bag. Don't deal with the foam/bubblewrap etc.

Seams to work fine for me.

The one time I had a board snapped in half (first time I every traveled) it was packed with all sorts of extra protection. SInce then I'm over it.

Its nice to have extra width even if you bring hpsb's. I use bag socks, day bags, and then into travel bag no need for foam or bubble wrap etc and tape never "knock on wood" had any boards damaged.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I generally just throw my boards in their day bags and then into the travel bag. Don't deal with the foam/bubblewrap etc.

Seams to work fine for me.

The one time I had a board snapped in half (first time I every traveled) it was packed with all sorts of extra protection. SInce then I'm over it.
Nice for swim fins, towel, leashes, wax, sandals, etc plus extra space makes zipper easy open and close for TSA who last trip broke my zipper.