Board suggestions for rolling/mushy waves?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
anyone try a lost rv?
One of the guys who I work with (bigger dude) swears by his for an all arounder.

Typical San Diego level skills of an intermediate who has been surfing for 25yrs when the conditions are good, but def no ripper nor aspirations to be one.

Reactions: Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Fibonacci sh*t.
Going through every permutation of packing foam to crowd kill WFH masses. I expect lineups to get back to some semblance of normality after the fall. Just a few more months. You can make it @Havoc !!
I’ve been having a few Gentlemens Hour sessions lately that haven’t been too bad. Maybe some are already going back to work as stores and restaurants open back up here.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
anyone try a lost rv?
Yes, did not click with. I up-volumed a bit from the Sub Driver/Baby Buggy/PJ. Had it in C3. Nice and light and paddled great, got in early, just didn't have nearly the built-in go of the Bean Bag, and was not good at generating its own speed for me. At all. Final series of days Pepsi challenged it with the Sub Driver and back up for sale it went.

It did have that good feeling in texture/light chop the non-concave boards have. If I lived in SoCal I'd probably have something like it for devil windy point surf, and I'd up the volume.

I am pretty sure someone(s) on here loved theirs.

I'd go for the next Buzz up the scale or whatever Stretch had in mind for OP.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I’m not a Lost guy, but if Biolos had a gun to my head and I had to choose one for this thread, I’d try the hydra. Looks like it would fly in weaker stuff and flat sections

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
LMAO

Grovel like this guy in a chest high wedge/bowl with the turn section patiently waiting for you and bending towards you, available for rodeos at your convenience - no rush, we'll just keep the pocket pushing you down the line....

Grovel doesn't mean bang every other dude's wife on their wedding night while sitting in an ornate chair on a dais, wearing a purple fur cape and a crown, waving a sceptre, and eating roast chicken.

"lie or crawl abjectly on the ground with one's face downward."
"act in an obsequious way in order to obtain someone's forgiveness or favor."

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
LMAO

Grovel like this guy in a chest high wedge/bowl with the turn section patiently waiting for you and bending towards you, available for rodeos at your convenience - no rush, we'll just keep the pocket pushing you down the line....

Grovel doesn't mean bang every other dude's wife on their wedding night while sitting in an ornate chair on a dais, wearing a purple fur cape and a crown, waving a sceptre, and eating roast chicken.

"lie or crawl abjectly on the ground with one's face downward."
"act in an obsequious way in order to obtain someone's forgiveness or favor."

Yes agree surf and surfer not exactly grovel gravy unless like me you surf beach break combo reef 99.9%:bricks: pretty small and low end side for short board a least for me where I can still have fun any thing smaller then I am on mini log or mid size trim and cheater 5 fun. The picture you posted is just as extreme for most:beer::trout: the wave is full grovel yes but when you weight under 100lbs any board you can grovel:shameonyou:

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit