Board Rash

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Holy moly! I just got back from a week long surf trip in the Caribbean, morning session and afternoon session for the entire week. The skin below my pectoral muscles is raw with skin sores, wore a rash guard the whole time. Any thoughts on avoiding this in the future? I surf weekly at my local spots in New England so wetsuit all the time. Just got back and now putting some Neosporin on in.

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
Your skin gets used to your wetsuit - when I travel I take multiple vests and tops so I can keep switching them to avoid rash - sometimes turn them inside out to avoid the seams in the same place- depending on the top you can sometimes use a lubricant underneath as well

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Your skin gets used to your wetsuit - when I travel I take multiple vests and tops so I can keep switching them to avoid rash - sometimes turn them inside out to avoid the seams in the same place- depending on the top you can sometimes use a lubricant underneath as well

Thanks! I just ordered the O'Neill reactor vest for future travels. Funny when I was younger I never got it this bad on trips to tropics.