board logos

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
Logos make or break a board. DK boards have been popping up in the What's your favorite board right now thread, and that logo is pretty fuggin cool. It got me thinking about all of the great ones (past or present) that make you go "ohhhhhh yeahhhhh":

Christenson's skull
T+C
Skip Frye
Ward Coffey
Surf Prescriptions (he's got a subtle white backdrop behind his script that looks really sick on color)
DK

This isn't even scratching the surface. What else??? View attachment 138727
hmm... Im goin' outline, foil, rocker, & fin placement make a board. fuks given about logo are beyond zero and in the negative range. to each his own though.

hey maybe thats a new thing- "negative fuks given"

Reactions: slipped_disc

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
hmm... Im goin' outline, foil, rocker, & fin placement make a board. fuks given about logo are beyond zero and in the negative range. to each his own though.

"negative fuks given"

When stated publicly, this typically indicates that the author is in fact, a poser.

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
Anyone recognize this one?

yep. mark goin. heard he quit a quite a while back and went back to construction? got a great 7'4" from him where he totally got what I was going for which was a wide point/meat forward, rounded pin based on an 80s board but without a full beak. totally delivered and is a fantastic board

Reactions: keenfish

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019

negative fuks given about logos, huh... boy, have i got the board for you :applause2:

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 7.37.37 PM.png

Last edited:

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
yep. mark goin. heard he quit a quite a while back and went back to construction? got a great 7'4" from him where he totally got what I was going for which was a wide point/meat forward, rounded pin based on an 80s board but without a full beak. totally delivered and is a fantastic board
Yessir. Winner!
Mark is a good friend and I've bought many of his shapes over the years. Love his boards.
He is an old school Santa Cruz sort of backyard shaper but he started out with Pearson Arrow and one other one that I don't recall the name of but went out on his own after that and was quite successful for a long time.
The photo was from a surf contest in Newport back in 2006 and I was surprised to see a guy riding one of his boards down here so I had to take a snap of it to send him.
You are correct. He hung it up some time ago and works in some kind of water management job now and seems to really like it.
Glad to see you know who it is and appreciate his crafts.
We probably have some other friends in common. :cheers: