Board Builders in LA

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
introduced to him from the recent podcast with Selema Masekela. they didn't have time to really go into his shaping. am VERY interested but looking at his site can't get a fully idea of his process, particularly the flex of his boards. anyone got experience? i didn't like the two EPS boards I've had shaped for me cause of the flex. Does his get closer to a PU flex? the rails he's doing is an interesting concept too.
Personally I’d not get a board from him. Maybe a glass job, but not a board.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Ryan Harris who owns Earth Technologies is probably one of the most innovative shapers in the South Bay/So Cal
Im just in awe of his website. Not the boards, but the website. (The tech he is doing is ok)

Glassed over customer-specified traditional Poly foam or EPS foam blanks. All shaped blanks are done in the wet lay out method to get a strong fill coat that plants roots of resin connecting into the foam and fiberglass
That is the most poetic description of a hand lam I've ever heard! "roots of resin".
How fücking organic! Had to be written by a girl. (organic or self identified)

Is it wrong to differentiate genders by "free range" or "organic" or "GMO" or "Factory "