Board Bags?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Dbag
Terrible name.
Definitely cool guy industry bro stuff. Jordy doesn't appear to get the greatest investment advice (how's SMTH shapes doing?).
They look like they'll fill a market niche of people with money to burn, but they seem a bit excessive to me. If prices were comparable, I'd certainly consider one, but not for the prices they're charging.

I also don't go anywhere anymore

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Dbag
Terrible name.
Definitely cool guy industry bro stuff. Jordy doesn't appear to get the greatest investment advice (how's SMTH shapes doing?).
They look like they'll fill a market niche of people with money to burn, but they seem a bit excessive to me. If prices were comparable, I'd certainly consider one, but not for the prices they're charging.

I also don't go anywhere anymore
So...we can only YOLO surfboards and leash strings?

Price with discount was on par with Prolite coffin maybe a tad more but like I said, seems to be a well made bag.
I'll post up a review after I kick it around a bit!

And yes. Dbag is a silly name.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
which curve bag is hawt?

I only need it to survive the rigor of my shell covered truck bed.

can I fit up to a 21” altbum in the short board bag?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Reactions: JJMike

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
DB update. Had a chance to unroll the DB bag and load a board in to see how the board fits etc. Super solid. The rib tech really adds a ton of protection. I won't be traveling anywhere for a bit but I'm stoked to try it out. I'm guessing it's pretty bombproof.
I'm a freak with my boards so I used to travel with a Swell shell which was a heavy plastic hard case. This is a happy medium between a fully hard and soft travel bag. Traveling will be the true test!

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
DB update. Had a chance to unroll the DB bag and load a board in to see how the board fits etc. Super solid. The rib tech really adds a ton of protection. I won't be traveling anywhere for a bit but I'm stoked to try it out. I'm guessing it's pretty bombproof.
I'm a freak with my boards so I used to travel with a Swell shell which was a heavy plastic hard case. This is a happy medium between a fully hard and soft travel bag. Traveling will be the true test!
Swell shell:shrug:

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
got 2 x curve bags delivered yesterday. good quality and half the price of big name coffins. Bonus with the design is that my new 3 board travel coffin is now housing 1 board in my car rather than taking up valuable real estate in my shed