Blacks DONE. pay2surf.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
just paint your car to look like a golf cart and park wherever you like
Is that a thing now? For most of the past 10 years, every time I've checked Reef Road, it looks like a slightly more blue version of any dogshit closeout in Indian River County, but with 60 people stuffing hoaxes instead of 6.

The City of Palm Beach's law on lawn service vehicles reads like the owner's manual for the Red October.

Good Night, sweet yard and lawn service placard Prince.

Reactions: tenover

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Is that a thing now? For most of the past 10 years, every time I've checked Reef Road, it looks like a slightly more blue version of any dogshit closeout in Indian River County, but with 60 people stuffing hoaxes instead of 6.

The City of Palm Beach's law on lawn service vehicles reads like the owner's manual for the Red October.

Good Night, sweet yard and lawn service placard Prince.
unclear.
last time i was there i noticed people parking wherever and golf carts parked all over the place. heading down tomorrow, so will let you know what i see.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
unclear.
last time i was there i noticed people parking wherever and golf carts parked all over the place. heading down tomorrow, so will let you know what i see.
Get some. After what felt like years of swells mid-week, three weekends in a row of maybe-ish size, questionable wind, and one-tide-change-lived swells are forecast for Palm Beach. Soooo close yet soooo far from motivating for that drive. This weekend for example, I've got about as much faith in North Florida getting a nice rights-up-the-beach event as I do Palmby getting fun.

So the limited surf spot parking end game is we charge our golf cart/e-bike tow vehicle and the golf cart/e-bike to park the e-Suburban in the nearest decaying shopping mall, then go 10 under with no helmet/seatbelt across town to the spot. Then we plug back in, get some juice from the condor-fired power plant, and lumber on home.

Golf carts and e-bikes. Sounds like Allah is turning SD into The Villages to trollololol casa moogsies.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Get some. After what felt like years of swells mid-week, three weekends in a row of maybe-ish size, questionable wind, and one-tide-change-lived swells are forecast for Palm Beach. Soooo close yet soooo far from motivating for that drive. This weekend for example, I've got about as much faith in North Florida getting a nice rights-up-the-beach event as I do Palmby getting fun.

So the limited surf spot parking end game is we charge our golf cart/e-bike tow vehicle and the golf cart/e-bike to park the e-Suburban in the nearest decaying shopping mall, then go 10 under with no helmet/seatbelt across town to the spot. Then we plug back in, get some juice from the condor-fired power plant, and lumber on home.

Golf carts and e-bikes. Sounds like Allah is turning SD into The Villages to trollololol casa moogsies.
Yeah, i hear ya. i'm just going to visit family, if i get some surf i'll be lucky. but i rarely find anything in that zone.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Blacks, was just an empty lot and ya could look over the bluff ....
Beaver tails n' longboards :roflmao:

Y'all remember that, don't ya??
Guy I worked with, Dennis Murphy, told me about guys leaving boars at the bottom. They'd hike down the central landslide zone. These guys would also paddle from Scripps. Pretty sure I heard Rusty's name in those stories somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: PPK96754

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Sr Sopa's rule was Grass, Gas or ass, no one rides for free. Nothing better than a couple of cold Schaefers in the lot on a Friday after surfing all afternoon.
Hah, main rule was no wetsuits in the car. Otherwise you were in the trunk or on the hood. Hanging on for life with one hand.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Hah, main rule was no wetsuits in the car. Otherwise you were in the trunk or on the hood. Hanging on for life with one hand.
Those were some good times.

A couple of my sons friends are at UCSD and run the club/team. They can't believe how good you guys had it with the key and the school funding contests (parties) on the beach. They're lucky to get contest fees paid much less a budget for the shenanigans you guys pulled off.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Those were some good times.

A couple of my sons friends are at UCSD and run the club/team. They can't believe how good you guys had it with the key and the school funding contests (parties) on the beach. They're lucky to get contest fees paid much less a budget for the shenanigans you guys pulled off.
They never got the key back after *******'s DUI incident driving back from the Black Gold gate to his house four blocks away along Shores lost it for them?

• Wow
Reactions: npsp and 2surf

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
had the key for about ten years - the original key w parking sticker then the card
loved keeping a cold beer in the car for an after sunset beer post great waves

also loved driving past joel tudor up the hill when they changed the lock and he didnt have a key :nana:

what a wave and many low key chargers that love to surf who are mellow - lucky to have surfed there so much and meet a good crew

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Saw the park is being kept locked too.

The other surf check spot was vandalized some months back, maybe they'll build a concrete wall there now.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
had the key for about ten years - the original key w parking sticker then the card
loved keeping a cold beer in the car for an after sunset beer post great waves

also loved driving past joel tudor up the hill when they changed the lock and he didnt have a key :nana:

what a wave and many low key chargers that love to surf who are mellow - lucky to have surfed there so much and meet a good crew
Ha! He was so bummed the day they changed the lock. He had a crew of guys with him and they were not happy to have to walk. It was a warm day and they had to barefoot it. It was a good day though, so I'm sure JT got a bunch of good waves at others expense.

The place still has its moments that's for sure.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I've only surfed there a few times, but had an absolute blast every time. I know I'm from NY, so the novelty of the walk and those massive cliffs was pretty rad, not to mention the beefy canyon sets. But, after doing the walk down and up, it was even MORE fun going with Truth when he still had a key, and driving right down to the beach reveling in the spite, jealousy, and resentment in every other surfers eyes as they slogged up the road while we cruised

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
just paint your car to look like a golf cart and park wherever you like
I used to park here in front of the golf course and ride my surf-rack-equiped bike up to Reef Road when I lived in WPB in 99/2000. Not sure if you're still allowed to park there for free, but it was a pretty easy deal back then. Sometimes if the swell angle was right, you could get some pretty good waves on the reef right in front of that parking area too. I hate Palm Beach, but the water sure was nice.
1642540296846.png

Reactions: Rlacey111

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Back to the OP, the City is focusing enforcement in the Farms. They start marking tires at 8am and swing by every 15-30 min to look for new arrivals to mark. I spoke with the parking enforcement guy this morning, enforcement in the Farms is a priority. My guess the residents finally got fed up and laid into Joe LaCava's office to start enforcing the time limits.
I assume there will be a lot of tickets written over the next several weeks. To me, this is a good thing as it will trim the crown back. I doubt as many OC guys will want to make the drive for a 90 min session (which is a perfect amount of time for me to get my quota and on to the rest of my day....) and hopefully local visitors will opt for places with better parking options.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Back to the OP, the City is focusing enforcement in the Farms. They start marking tires at 8am and swing by every 15-30 min to look for new arrivals to mark. I spoke with the parking enforcement guy this morning, enforcement in the Farms is a priority. My guess the residents finally got fed up and laid into Joe LaCava's office to start enforcing the time limits.
I assume there will be a lot of tickets written over the next several weeks. To me, this is a good thing as it will trim the crown back. I doubt as many OC guys will want to make the drive for a 90 min session (which is a perfect amount of time for me to get my quota and on to the rest of my day....) and hopefully local visitors will opt for places with better parking options.
Do they tow after a certain amount of time? If you know you're missing the two hour mark, might as well make a day of it!

Setting up the BBQ and tailgating along that road after you get out of the water may be taking things too far.