Black man, armed to the teeth, pulled over by cops…

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
population of Finland is 5.5M, therefore ~80X the population. So we are talking roughly a 20-25%ish increase.

Math is hard!
Especially when talking about rates, not raw numbers.

One rate I'd like to see is rates of police encounters with armed perps. I'll bet it's a lot higher in 'Murica than any of those Euro countries.

Reactions: afoaf

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Especially when talking about rates, not raw numbers.

One rate I'd like to see is rates of police encounters with armed perps. I'll bet it's a lot higher in 'Murica than any of those Euro countries.
That's something nobody wants to address in this thread.

Cops are jumpy because everybody's armed in Murca.
Every traffic stop is a potential shootout.
That's why they have an itchy trigger finger and shoot at anything that moves.
Euro cops don't have that problem.

Combine that with over agressive policing, that tends to unnecessarily escalate every interaction and you get this clusterfuck.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Many examples of people complying and getting beaten or killed anyway. But since Duffy has one example of things going right means everything is OK.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Do you think the video in the Original Post depicts a state with no freedom?

Is Maryland still a Slave State?

Can you have tanks and mobile missile batteries in Arizona, or is it a land of tyranny?
I could probably buy a nuclear warhead if I could afford it

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Many examples of people complying and getting beaten or killed anyway. But since Duffy has one example of things going right means everything is OK.
Most of the time if you just STFU and do what the cop says you get off with a ticket and that's about it. Even if you are a black male.