Bill Maher lays it down on Joe Rogan

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
fair point, swimming against the herd at MassiveCorp does carry significant risk, even if they pledge to do no evil
A couple of times the bosses asked for feedback and when I offered it, it was like I had just stuck my hand down a woman's top.

You asked!

But I learned.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I'd argue that GOOG fired Damore because they got cowed by their pitchfork wielding employees

Have you spent any time in the tech world up here?
The firing was ruled legitimate, end of story.

Their employees were welding their pitchforks for a reason.
Civility is a thing.
He crossed the line, broke the rules of conduct.
Google is not unique in doing this.

To file a class action lawsuits claiming that Google hates white people and men, is a good indicator of what a dolt Damore is.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
The firing was ruled legitimate, end of story.

Their employees were welding their pitchforks for a reason.
Civility is a thing.
He crossed the line, broke the rules of conduct.
Google is not unique in doing this.

To file a class action lawsuits claiming that Google hates white people and men, is a good indicator of what a dolt Damore is.
I think you might be confusing civility with mob rule

Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Reading Damore's letter now. Some good stuff in there.

"Google’s left bias has created a politically correct monoculture that maintains its hold by shaming dissenters into silence."
Spot on. Sounds like the new left in general.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Reading Damore's letter now. Some good stuff in there.

"Google’s left bias has created a politically correct monoculture that maintains its hold by shaming dissenters into silence."
Spot on. Sounds like the new left in general.
Why shouldn't a private company have a bias?

Should Koch brothers be non-bias?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You sound like Rogan.

Yes, if the only reason you keep going on about transgenders is to offend those people, which is what you are doing, then you're crossing the line.
If I go off about trannies so much, how about you post a quote from me with a link?

Good luck with that, liar.

I just read through the memo. There is nothing discriminatory, and is based on generally accepted evolutionary biology and organizational psychology principals and research.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Why shouldn't a private company have a bias?

Should Koch brothers be non-bias?
I don't have a problem with any company, person or entity having a bias. It's when they pretend that they don't that I call BS.

I can see why Google as a company would be offended. It would've been wise to leave the company name and criticism directed towards the company out of it, from a job security perspective.

As for the employees, they have no reason to be upset. There is nothing offensive in that memo. Facts are facts.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
As for the employees, they have no reason to be upset.
There you go again.

It's not up to you to decide what's upsetting to other people.

You were upset about Andy Ngo being milkshaked and transgender people.

It's nothing to do with "facts".

It's to do with perception and perspective.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
There you go again.

It's not up to you to decide what's upsetting to other people.

You were upset about Andy Ngo being milkshaked and transgender people.

It's nothing to do with "facts".

It's to do with perception and perspective.
Being upset about what's in that memo is like being upset that the sky is blue and that fire is hot. Those aren't opinions, they just are.

Damore largely spoke in generalities that exist between males and females that are generally accepted among academics who study and teach on this subject. Again, these are not opinions. These are traits that are hard wired into us and they are generally true. However he also clearly stated several times that on an individual basis there are often exceptions to those generalities, and that individuals should be treated as individuals.

If you actually read the memo, he is mostly encouraging inclusiveness.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Post a link. If I do it all the fookin time, it should be easy for you. Liar!

The Megan Murphy and Twitter in an interesting case study:
Basically, she got one strike for saying in an exchange "Men are not Women". Then she was perma-banned for calling out the actual gender of a bully trans biological man who would harass and pursue discrimination cases against salons that refused to bikini wax his (yes, I said his) nasty hairy nether regions. Sure, she did violate the policy, but let's call it for what it is.These companies have a small group of gatekeepers who live in an uber wealthy, ephemeral, far left bubble and they make those decisions accordingly. At least be honest about your position.

This also raises the larger issue of these platforms becoming practically a necessity for fields such as politics, journalism, entertainment, etc. Being banned over an arbitrary exchange can be a career ender by cutting off what may be the only, or one of a few, social media outlets patronized by large swaths of the populace. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, this has potentially severe political ramifications and at least warrants discussion.

Last edited:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Being upset about what's in that memo is like being upset that the sky is blue and that fire is hot. Those aren't opinions, they just are.
You just don't fucking get it.

People are different (from you).

If somebody told you "please don't call me Michael it brings painful childhood memories, just call me Mike", would you keep calling him Michael because you think it's not a big deal and a person should not be upset about a trivial (to you) thing like that?

Why? Just to be an asshole?

It is not up to you to decide what's offensive to others dummy.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You asked for an example of twitter bias and I gave you one. Context. Nowhere am I insulting transgenders in that statement. Also, how far back did you have to go to find that?

ALL THE FOOKIN TIME!!!

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
You asked for an example of twitter bias and I gave you one. Context. Nowhere am I insulting transgenders in that statement. Also, how far back did you have to go to find that?

ALL THE FOOKIN TIME!!!
You are defending and agreeing with Megan Murphy. I did a simple search: "grapedrink transgender" and there it was.

GTFO

I can find more examples.

Liar

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You just don't fucking get it.

People are different (from you).

If somebody told you "please don't call me Michael it brings painful childhood memories, just call me Mike", would you keep calling him Michael because you think it's not a big deal and a person should not be upset about a trivial (to you) thing like that?

Why? Just to be an asshole?

It is not up to you to decide what's offensive to others dummy.
How is that example even relevant? Did someone tell not to discuss evolutionary biology or something?