Bill Barr: “FBI a greater threat to democracy than Russia”

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Nothing at all about Russia in this quote and this is the quote that is being referred to.

You guys are just making stuff up....

I think probably from a civil liberties standpoint, the greatest danger to our free system is that the incumbent government use the apparatus of the state, principally, the law enforcement agencies and the intelligence agencies, both to spy on political opponents. But as to use them in a way that could affect the outcome of the election. As far as I’m aware, this is the first time in history that this has been done to a presidential campaign.

The use of these counterintelligence techniques against a presidential campaign. And we have to remember, in today’s world, presidential campaigns are frequently in contact with foreign persons. And indeed, in most campaigns, there are signs of illegal foreign money coming in. And we don’t automatically assume that the campaigns are and traitors and acting with foreign powers. There has to be some basis before we use these very potent powers in our core first amendment activity. And here, I felt this was very flimsy. Basically, I think the department has a rule of reason which is at the end of the day, is what you’re relying on sufficiently powerful to justify the techniques you’re using.

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
Hal is a victim of his Twitter feed. Its turned his brain to mush.
You may win a surf off with hal, but everyone here would bet on him in a contest of intelligence. No doubt. Id estímate your IQ at 103-105.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Barr:
”The greatest danger to our free system is that the incumbent government use the apparatus of the state ... in a way that could affect the outcome of the election.”
Read this article

and this one

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So today we have Linda Graham spouting the same talking points (lies) that Low Bar pushed yesterday. She seems very upset today.

Why are they lying about the IG report? What's lurking in this report that they're expending so much energy trying to get out ahead of the narrative contained in the report?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You may win a surf off with hal, but everyone here would bet on him in a contest of intelligence. No doubt. Id estímate your IQ at 103-105.

My IQ is at least 108-112 so I've got him beat. At least I’ve got that going for me.

Also, does anyone find it weird that GrossDad wants to take fake internet arguments and make them spill over into real life? A bit obsessive don’t you think?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Have you admitted yet that the Barr “quote” in the title is inaccurate?

No he obviously didn't say those exact words. I followed up with a direct quote from Low Barr, the message of which is the same as my thread title. In addition, Barr's actions since he took on the role of AG have reflected that exact sentiment. He's undermining our federal law enforcement and intel agencies while enabling Trumby's abuses of power and propping up one of our adversaries.