Bill and Melinda Gates Done

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
That leaked to TMZ within hours of the court filing. Would that be public record or could someone who leaked it have legal problems for giving it to TMZ?
The state will then file the records as either public or private. In California, the default filing procedure for divorce records is to make them public. Public divorce records mean that anyone can obtain a copy of the decree. California provides two kinds of certified copies – authorized and informational.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I guess Bill is taking this concept of "healthier alone" really seriously. What's a few billion to Melinda for brand anyhow? Big brain play here by Bill, now he will answer to no one has he marches towards being the top Eugenisis in the world, completing his parents work, they must be proud.
no, that's not it. think about it: the Queen of England becomes a widow a few weeks ago and now she's back on the market. Gates then dumps his wife. Coincidence? I think not.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Apparently Eve Job and Jennifer Gates are both equestrian girls. That's some prim and proper society sh!t right there.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Apparently Eve Job and Jennifer Gates are both equestrian girls. That's some prim and proper society sh!t right there.
You need expensive hobbies if you have more money than you can spend.

There is a horse facility in the hills behind Temecula that is INSANE! It's huge and so high tech and smells of BIG MONEY.

I love that it's hidden.

Rich people got to hide their wealth too.

So philistines like me can't steal it

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i have read that neither were allowed social media in high school and had limited access to devices in general.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I recall reading an article many years ago about Bill not allowing apple devices in the house, even though his kids were dying to get ipods. :roflmao:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I recall reading an article many years ago about Bill not allowing apple devices in the house, even though his kids were dying to get ipods. :roflmao:
They're a sobering reminder of another market he failed to compete in. MSFT actually made smart phones in the early Aughts but they never gained traction, like their search engine and browser.

Visual Studio is kind of OK.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
They're a sobering reminder of another market he failed to compete in. MSFT actually made smart phones in the early Aughts but they never gained traction, like their search engine and browser.

Visual Studio is kind of OK.
Add Zune to that list.

Like any big company, they've had some major fails. Apple has a fair share of fails too. Anyone remember the Apple Pippin gaming console? Probably not. :roflmao:

I think a lot of people talk sh!t on Microsoft forget they gave us Windows and Office, which changed the world. Their new surface products are nice too.

Reactions: Boneroni and PRCD

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
i have read that neither were allowed social media in high school and had limited access to devices in general.

It's widely known that many Silicon Valley tech people send their kids to low-tech schools. They know.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Makes sense. Not that tech is inherently evil, but like other Xennials, my youth was Nintendo, but I hit college and it was tech crazy by then. Let the Yutes learn how to excel without tech at hand, and then once they are a bit older turn em loose. Play in the dirt before you play in the bits and bytes

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's widely known that many Silicon Valley tech people send their kids to low-tech schools. They know.
Before the plandemic, I was super low tech.

I used a paper course packet.

Lots of handwritten blue book exams.

My only high tech was email.

Sometimes, I used a doc-cam.

The kids liked it.

I can't wait to go back to my luddite ways in the fall.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Makes sense. Not that tech is inherently evil, but like other Xennials, my youth was Nintendo, but I hit college and it was tech crazy by then. Let the Yutes learn how to excel without tech at hand, and then once they are a bit older turn em loose. Play in the dirt before you play in the bits and bytes
I see what you did there :geek:

Sadly the days of of letting kids play outside for hours on end with minimal supervision are over. No more ice cream trucks and free candy vans either :(

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I think the pendulum may be swinging back towards free range childhood, at least according to my cohort. They let their little ones get dirty, and the adolescents run of the neighborhood.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think the pendulum may be swinging back towards free range childhood, at least according to my cohort. They let their little ones get dirty, and the adolescents run of the neighborhood.
It is. Brett McKay had these two authors on his podcast:
The key to this is to put stuff in the street that's fun for kids and slows-down cars, like a hockey goal or a basketball hoop.

DUring COVID, parents went one of two ways: they put their kids on electronics all day or they sent them outside. I haven't seen much in between.