Bill and Melinda Gates Done

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
His significant ownership of CRN (14%), Ecolab (25%) and Deere & Co (10%) shows what a hypocrite he is.
*CRN is a massive CO2 emitter that hauls tons of coal and oil to be turned into more CO2.
*Ecolab provides water treatment services to all kinds of massive CO2 emitters (steel mills, coal & nat. gas fired powerplants, oil refineries, etc...).
*Deere makes internal combustion engines and turbines.
If Gates was the true climate warrior that he claims to be, he should have divested in these holdings the very moment he went on his crusade to halt global warming.
The Greens should be having a field day with him but not a peep. Same goes for Buffet and Berkshire Hathaway.
I could see Deere developing electric tractors. They probably are already. Not sure about the others.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I could see Deere developing electric tractors. They probably are already. Not sure about the others.
From CRN website: At Coronado, we are focused on extracting high quality metallurgical coal in an environmentally responsible way.

From Ecolab website: The 25 percent reduction in climate-warming CO2 emissions is the result of a virtual power purchasing agreement (VPPA) with renewable energy producer Clearway, signed earlier this fall.

John Deere has developed an eTractor. Check the battery pack on this bad boy of farming. :drowning:

Last edited:

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
I've heard horror stories about divorce lawyers milking people too, but it seems like the thing that drives that is mutual spite from the parties to fight for every little thing -- the raw emotion you'd get from an actual relationship breaking up. I'd be willing to bet that the gates have been basically just a corporate partnership for a while.

Money is not an issue in this divorce, except from a tax standpoint, all of which will be dealt with privately. What is there to fight about when you have that much fooking money?

I seriously doubt we will hear much about the $$; they will work that out. It's only whatever juicy sleaziness the media can dig up that will be front and center.

Reactions: Tarab_ish

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I remember an article on Bill Gates way back in the day. Interviewer asked him about prenups and that sort of thing. Bill's response was "I have an infinite amount of money. What's half of infinity?" (paraphrase)

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Yes, they are all slowly working towards those goals while being funded by massive CO2 generation.
I wonder what the carbon foot print of that battery pack is? How many refineries, power plants, steel mills, etc... does Ecolab(Nalco) sell water treatment chemicals to? CRN not only mines coal, but they transport tons of it and oil plus tons of other nasty chemical with CO2 belching locomotives.
These guys make it look pretty with their Green "Initiatives" and PR campaigns but at the end of the day, they are huge polluters that never get called on it.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Yes, they are all slowly working towards those goals while being funded by massive CO2 generation.
I wonder what the carbon foot print of that battery pack is? How many refineries, power plants, steel mills, etc... does Ecolab(Nalco) sell water treatment chemicals to? CRN not only mines coal, but they transport tons of it and oil plus tons of other nasty chemical with CO2 belching locomotives.
These guys make it look pretty with their Green "Initiatives" and PR campaigns but at the end of the day, they are huge polluters that never get called on it.
I'm not saying any of these companies are doing good for the environment, but every single old-energy type companies (oil, etc.) are investing heavily in renewable technology. All of them. Why wouldn't they promote that?

Marketing that angle makes good biz sense, and investing heavily in it makes even better sense. These co know eventually everything is sliding that direction, and they will find ways to continue to profit from any energy usage.

Certainly one can't expect a 100+ year old billion dollar company to stop operations or make the switch entirely to renewable over night, simply because it seems like the right thing to do.

Reactions: Hump

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I'm not saying any of these companies are doing good for the environment, but every single old-energy type companies (oil, etc.) are investing heavily in renewable technology. All of them. Why wouldn't they promote that?

Marketing that angle makes good biz sense, and investing heavily in it makes even better sense. These co know eventually everything is sliding that direction, and they will find ways to continue to profit from any energy usage.

Certainly one can't expect a 100+ year old billion dollar company to stop operations or make the switch entirely to renewable over night, simply because it seems like the right thing to do.
I get all of that. It's the do as I say not as I do attitude of the largest stake holders of those companies that I take issue with. I expect these companies to what they are doing and the smartest ones will time their shifts right at the moment they run out of one resource just as the next one is ripe for exploitation.
Anyhoo, this is all way off topic of the OP.... The Lawyers are usually the only participants in a divorce that walk a way happy.

Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Found the quote

"for all practical purposes, I have infinite wealth. What is half of infinity? Would a person with infinite wealth miss half his money?"

-Bill Gates

Reactions: keenfish

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Chris Rock clowning Jeff Bezos:

Jeff Bezos is so rich, he got divorced and he’s still the richest man in the world. He saw Marriage Story and thought it was a comedy

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
1-) nothing is infinite, just shows how dumb money can make one.

2-) when's erBB-TMZ launch dates?

3-) will there be snacks at the opening?

:cheers:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
the only men worth staying married to are those not worth divorcing.

see? less really is more.

as i always contended, only one reason to get married, she has more cake than you and is not a cake hog.

:crazy2::dancing::crazy2:

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
Wonder if that had anything to do with the divorce?
Oh my god that might have actually been a factor!?
It's true that this article is all anonymously sourced--that this drive-by shivving exists is probably a sign that there's some internal politics happening that us hoi polloi aren't privy to, but still .
At the very least this is pointing out again that he really had a personal, personal relationship with Epstein

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006

Last edited: