Big Wednesday coming on 12/2/20

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
It's big here. Too big for all but our deep water reefs which are holding but as usual, wind is a bit wonky. Biggest spots are pushing 20'. Smaller spots in 12' range. Gonna drive towards Morro to check a few more spots.

Definitely not the biggest I've ever seen on the Central Coast, which was Fall of the 97/98 El Nino. But still pretty damn big. There is a lot of sand getting blasted and moved around. Will be interesting to see where it goes.
St annes has been like four feet and roping for hours. Weird but kinda perfect day for it.

Reactions: r32

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
La Jolla Reefs were well overhead this afternoon. Didn't surf it as I was just riding through the area, but its so cool to see it at that size as all these different sub reefs turn on and waves are happening all over the place with these little paddling channels between them. For how big it was I probably could've handled it fine on my bigger board. Looked fun.

• Love
Reactions: Kento and r32

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
this thing hit 9.4@21 on the CA buoy today. Surflie is claiming SD will be 5-8 and good Friday when it peaks. My guess is to get ready for a bunch of wide-eyed kooks bouncing around on 6'1"s and shitting themselves on the sets, especially at certain deepwater magnets.
Don't forget the 10' Jaws guns at Swamis

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Whoa, who's the photog in the second to last photo? Insane
Not sure who that is, but there have been quite a few guys out there over the years, swimming for the water shot. While it certainly adds a bit of a different look, I think the best angles are from the ski. But that's just my pref.

Reactions: bubbs

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Don't quote me on this but it might be Sachi...I've seen her out at OB on the big days and at other spots taking photos

I saw her walking into the surf w/ camera mid beach Thur or Fri.

Reactions: santacruzin

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Not sure if they found the person missing in Pacifica who got swept into the sea. North County Fire said they have said the Coast Guard has taken over.

Woman from Linda Mar who also got swept in is at the hospital. Not sure of condition.

Dude who got swept in off jetty in Humboldt did not make it. :(

• Sad
Reactions: santacruzin