Big Wednesday coming on 12/2/20

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
It's called the "Outer Bar" and it's actually part of a larger bar called the "Great Bar" of San Francisco, an enormous horseshoe of sand that extends from the Potato Patch, outside of the Marin Headlands, to the South Patch, which runs to Ocean Beach, a full 5 miles away.

And yes, it's been surfed, once, by local charger Doc Renneker. He said of his one wave ridden out there, it was bigger than anything he's ridden at Mavericks.

Wow, beautiful photo. Love the diagram as well.

OB completely washed out today as many of you have seen. Seems like SC is as well.

Seems like Mavs is really the only ridable location today. Wondering what Scotts, Greyhound etc. look like today and if they're ridable at all.

Reactions: Mr Doof

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
It's big here. Too big for all but our deep water reefs which are holding but as usual, wind is a bit wonky. Biggest spots are pushing 20'. Smaller spots in 12' range. Gonna drive towards Morro to check a few more spots.
1607453426700.png
Fun to see the size + period + offshores. I'll have some time hopefully later in the day to see for myself.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Headed into town about an hour ago saw a certain spot breaking that I haven't seen at that size or lined up in quite a few years. AND... no one out, YET.
Headed to the pier at lunch to check out the spit and maybe get a few pics, should be interesting.

Reactions: santacruzin

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Seems like Mavs is really the only ridable location today. Wondering what Scotts, Greyhound etc. look like today and if they're ridable at all.
Drove up to take a look-see this morning. Big and washing out pretty much everything up there. A little chunky from some East wind bump. Saw a rideable looking wave at Greyhound, and the next wave closed out across the channel.

Reactions: santacruzin

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
There's really not much happening here in town, took a look at sandbar (small) and the Mesa showing a little better, gotta' be a direction thing.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Drove up to take a look-see this morning. Big and washing out pretty much everything up there. A little chunky from some East wind bump. Saw a rideable looking wave at Greyhound, and the next wave closed out across the channel.
Pretty much what I would expect.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Last edited:
Reactions: billypilgrim

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Went down and watched from the cliff. Insane sh!t going down out there. Lots of local chargers in the mix with the pros. Lots of waves, plenty unridden.

LiamUnknown

Nep status
Jun 16, 2004
down here in north cty SD swell started showing up this morning and really started to pulse around mid day. probably 6-9ft on the bigger sets but very clean and very uncrowded. The spot I surfed today was the same spot I surfed during the overhyped swell last week. Last week there were at least 30-40 guys and 2 chest high waves per hour. Today was well overhead with 4 guys out which can primarily attributed to Surfline calling tmw as being the big day and today to be just average. From what I'm seeing the swell may have already peaked down here but we'll see what tmw looks like.

Nice to finally get some actual consistent swell without thousands of idiots out.