Big Sur

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Got some M10. The OG of strains. Never had to flex on keeping dudes at our house for 2 hours. The problem was getting them to bail. Bonds and 1080 till 5am.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Legalize weed they said. It’ll reduce crime they said...

All you “legal” weed consumers are putting millions, probably billions, into the pockets of Mexican drug cartels.

They have their hands in all of it.

Grow your own. It ain’t that hard.
yeah thats not how it works these days.its all highly regulated And taxed That why prices are still high. This garbage goes straight to illegal states or making hotdog oil carts.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
yeah thats not how it works these days.its all highly regulated And taxed That why prices are still high. This garbage goes straight to illegal states or making hotdog oil carts.

Uh, yeah, no.

It’s those high taxes that incentivize grey marketing of weed. A huge percentage of “legal” weed grown and sold in California at dispensaries is actually untaxed and technically illegal.

Almost all of that weed is controlled by Mexican cartels.

Also, a very large portion of legal taxed weed is owned and operated by cartels. They have their hands in all this in a very big way. You can deny it all you want if that’s what you need to do but it is what it is.

Grow your own.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Uh, yeah, no.

It’s those high taxes that incentivize grey marketing of weed. A huge percentage of “legal” weed grown and sold in California at dispensaries is actually untaxed and technically illegal.

Almost all of that weed is controlled by Mexican cartels.

Also, a very large portion of legal taxed weed is owned and operated by cartels. They have their hands in all this in a very big way. You can deny it all you want if that’s what you need to do but it is what it is.

Grow your own.
About 80% is still untaxed/illegal. A guy in the valley behind me tried to go legal and got rolled for tons of fees. His neighbors who grew saw what happened to him and decided to stay illegal. Most do. One of them got whacked. Cartel involvement seems high. They grow where they want and do what they want. John Nores knows what he's talking about. Steer clear. Bad people.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I disagree that it's easy. The heat, electric bill, moisture...it can f--k a house up if you're not careful.
My son, who is 24 now, 2 years ago spent about $800 on weed stuff to grow in our back yard (100% outdoor grow, in planters) in Soquel Village. He said his harvest was about a year and a half worth of weed, for $800 and very, very little work. And it was good.

Reactions: santacruzin

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
My son, who is 24 now, 2 years ago spent about $800 on weed stuff to grow in our back yard (100% outdoor grow, in planters) in Soquel Village. He said his harvest was about a year and a half worth of weed, for $800 and very, very little work. And it was good.
Maybe it's a California thing. I don't know anyone in Florida who has grown weed outdoors they could give away. For me personally it doesn't matter; I have a covered, north-facing balcony that gets 2-3 hours of sunlight in the late afternoon in summer, and there's typically thunderheads blocking that sunlight half the days.

• Sad
Reactions: the janitor

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Fucking hell. I though 1/2 oz for $65 was a good deal.

But that's my point. Back 15 years ago, those QPs were going for a lot more than $250. $900 if you were lucky, more like $1,200.
It’s crazy. A bit of a bro deal but I think most in this area know growers. good sh!t too.

a lot of the long time growers I know make their money off clones and breeding now. More money for your time and overhead there.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If I'm not mistaken, legalization in CA also lowered penalties for illegal grow ops to a slap on the wrist, thus, the cartels were emboldened(?)

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Maybe it's a California thing. I don't know anyone in Florida who has grown weed outdoors they could give away. For me personally it doesn't matter; I have a covered, north-facing balcony that gets 2-3 hours of sunlight in the late afternoon in summer, and there's typically thunderheads blocking that sunlight half the days.
I’ve smoked dank weed that was grown in the swamps of Florida(early 90s). Guarded by gators.

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I bought some legal joints at a fancy dispensary in Oakland a couple weeks ago that was locally/organic hydro grow. It smelled like ****. The worst weed since 1988. I bet they used sewer water to feed the plants. I guess I'm spoiled by hippy mountain forest weed. The plants grown around SC all smell nice. No need to torture yourself with oils or crap city weed these days prices are so low.