Biden just said if I buy an electric car I will save $80 a month on fuel costs.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Solar doesn't fit well on my roof. I looked years ago and it wasn't close to cost effective. My next home will have solar. Fortunately, our electric use is pretty minor - rarely use AC, don't have a pool, water heater is gas etc. I may reconsider on the current house as we move to replacing our cars with EVs.

And I don't think anyone is screaming to force existing warehouses in Arizona to convert to solar. I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if you can show me otherwise. Just like EV's, you can't force it on people immediately, but you can phase it in over a period of years.

And to be clear, new industrial in Arizona IS largely going solar. That's not even a question.

And also to be clear, the problem in AZ was that for years the energy companies were actively fighting against more solar. So even when people wanted it, energy companies put limits on how many new hookups they'd add with solar. Utility companies like SRP are now being hit with anti-trust claims that will likely force them to open the doors to solar for good.

Fun fact, Arizona is actually the largest solar producer in the US. It only uses 12% of its own solar energy - the rest is sold to other cities/states.
Most people are in the same situation. For any number of reasons it’s not cost effective.

Fecalface was. There are players and there are watchers/waiters.

There’s that “new” again.

What about California? Same thing?

Cogeneration for the win. I’ve brought it up before.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Both brand new. It was at the start of the flipper market in the early 2010's. I made a good chunk of change off it.
Good for you

AC/insulation/windows have gotten even better since then

And my house is never above 80° even during the 4-7 nonsense

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I don't get why society is not going crazy with insulation and shade to cut energy cost.

Same with catching and reusing water.
SRP has a program that pays some ridiculous percentage of window shades, like 40 or 50%

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Because new home development in California is the same thing as existing warehouses in Arizona. Got it.

How much time in decades do you imagine?

Do you have solar energy in your home? What kind of system?
So much for the "honest question" jajaja

It was a trap all along.

And it always turns into a dick measuring contest with you.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
What is holding this back?
Taxpayers aren’t onboard with the investment. Corporations aren’t onboard with the investment.

Ask your landlord when he/she is going to install a solar system that is integrated with SDG&E. Ask your neighbors (those that don’t have a restraining order out for you). Ask your students and colleagues. Get back to us.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Most people are in the same situation. For any number of reasons it’s not cost effective.

LOL

I don't even have AC, let alone run it 24/7 like ifail.

My entire house is switched to LED and all appliances get turned off at the wall when not in use. I'm not a big energy consumer.

But many are, especially corporations.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Taxpayers aren’t onboard with the investment. Corporations aren’t onboard with the investment.

Ask your landlord when he/she is going to install a solar system that is integrated with SDG&E. Ask your neighbors (those that don’t have a restraining order out for you). Ask your students and colleagues. Get back to us.
We have solar for the water.

I don't pay electric or water.

Yet, I m super frugal.

Yes, I'm a prince.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
LOL

I don't even have AC, let alone run it 24/7 like ifail.

My entire house is switched to LED and all appliances get turned off at the wall when not in use. I'm not a big energy consumer.

But many are, especially corporations.
How heroic of you! Stop supporting corporations that don’t use solar energy.

Same band name as above.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Toxic response due to your inability to follow the thread is still your band name.
You asked an "honest question" and when you received an honest answer, you turned into a toxic mess that you always are.

I HAVZ SOLAR PANELZ WHY U NOT HAVE

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Yes. It's not an overnight fix. Gradual is the only way it'll happen.

Solar works particularly well if you have a time horizon that isn't just a few years. When we purchased our house, it wasn't our forever house - just planned on 5-7 years. 20 years later, my math may have been wrong.