Biden is about to commit an impeachable offense

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I agree.

That's the real problem.

And the predatory lender for the overwhelming majority of student loans is the Federal Government/taxpayer.

And this giveaway will do NOTHING to solve that - it will only keep it going.

Why is the President not doing anything about it?

Why do you think the President isn't doing anything about that?

So why isn't the administration doing anything about it?

Simply forgiving some student loans doesn't even amount to a band-aid on the problem.

So what's the deal?
What do you think Biden should do? Maybe if we end all student loans universities will be forced to price appropriately.

What's the republican plan to reign in college costs?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Not uncommon to be well over that for an mba, law or med school. Or even for undergrad if you went to a private school or out of state (which I agree you have no business doing if you can’t afford it btw).
MBA = LOL

Law and med school - by the time you're there you know what you're getting into.

Most of those people won't even qualify for forgiveness anyway cause they're already raking in the dough.

my daughter's best friend's mom is a recently divorced podiatrist and can't get a home loan because of her med school debt.
So what?

Go rent like 44 million other American households.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What do you think Biden should do?
Executive order, along with the loan forgiveness.

He could 100% do it and end this bullshit once and for all.

But he won't.

Maybe if we end all student loans universities will be forced to price appropriately.
Yup.

And forgiveness actually discourages this.

The Repubelicans have a plan for fvckall.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
MBA = LOL

Law and med school - by the time you're there you know what you're getting into.

Most of those people won't even qualify for forgiveness anyway cause they're already raking in the dough.
Sure. I’m not shedding a tear for them, Im simply pointing out the reality.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
why? Your taxes aren't going up. You'll pay exactly what you would have always paid, regardless of who gets a loan forgiven.

AGAIN. Inflation IS taxation. inflation happens when a government which coins money spends more money than it collects. The greater the differential, the greater the inflation rate. The difference between taxation and inflation is that taxation has rules. Inflation has no rules. It just devalues everyone's currency.

We should wish that these increased expenses came with a tax increase, because our taxes tax income, not wealth.

Reactions: Ifallalot

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
AGAIN. Inflation IS taxation. inflation happens when a government which coins money spends more money than it collects. The greater the differential, the greater the inflation rate. The difference between taxation and inflation is that taxation has rules. Inflation has no rules. It just devalues everyone's currency.

We should wish that these increased expenses came with a tax increase, because our taxes tax income, not wealth.
Stu is convinced borrowers having more money in their pockets is not inflationary. lol.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

LOL. I don't recall this argument as Trump was increasing the budget deficit to record levels.

BTW, Biden has reduced the deficit tremendously. Everyone is talking about it. The best deficit reduction.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Stu is convinced borrowers having more money in their pockets is not inflationary. lol.
Yeah, that $50/month reduction over the next 20 years is really going to drive up the cost of beer.

It will only be inflationary if it leads to additional tuition increases.

• Love
Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Did you take out any PPPs? Getting them forgiven was a joke.

I sent my social # in, and wala - they were forgiven. no one asked what i spent the money - in fact I havent spent any of it yet.

I had two of them, legitimately that were probably a fraction of what most people got illegitimately and I bet the process for forgiveness was the same for each. it was a tremendously mishandled program.
Interesting, my CPA told me not to bother with them which was prob a mistake.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
What do you think Biden should do? Maybe if we end all student loans universities will be forced to price appropriately.

LOL he said “what’s the republican plan” Thats funny!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Reactions: mundus