***BEWARE OF THIS SCAM*** MAUI FIRE RELIEF RELATED

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Got a friend request from an IG account going by Joseph.Jason.Mamoa, it was a private account with 0 posts and a ton of followers but following noone.

Reported it to IG ... and sent a copy to his real account https://instagram.com/prideofgypsies?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Turns out he's been the target of many fake donations going to fake accounts created in his likeness. There's a whole lot of them trying to pull this same nefarious scam in his name.

So then 2 days ago this shows up.....

I was feeling pretty good about myself for having done a good deed.

Then the onslaught began... regular named people and more fake Jasons.

Basically just blocked/reported them asap as the requests came in.... pretty soon had a note from IG about suspicious activity towards my account. Got contacted by a lady who says she's his online account manager ... but had a suspicious style of writing for someone tasked with such an endeavor. So, block/report her too......

So here's her last few DM's, she seems totally legit, right?

1st DM:

"Hello,you have such a profound impact on Jason Momoa’s career with your comments,love and support.A thank you text wouldn't fail to express our gratitude to you,we love You. Jason,would want you to write him personally,Thank you"

2nd DM:

".My name is Sandra and I happen to be his personal online manager"

I responded that how nice for her to have such a job. Told her I only follow friends and family using my private account.

Her responses:

"I happen to be his personal online manager,Jason Momoa would never text you directly but he contacts anyone whom he wants to meet or talk to with his management,our job is to protect the name of our actor and attend to pressing needs of him."

"Would you wanna accept and honour his invitation or turn it down anyone you choose let me know so I report back to him, like I said you're lucky to get this to be honest with you, some fans try as much to get this far but we turned their request down."

I told her no thanks, only friends and family.

She sent this...

IMG_20230819_055847_506.jpg

And comments this in addition..

"I'd need to have you email address/Gmail if you have one, Jason only communicate through email or google chat,the later is preferable because he gets alot of email you'd agree with me he's very busy, and google chat was set up for him by team Google as it's safe and secure for him."

Which is where I promptly blocked/reported her too.

Wicked people out there trying to benefit from the tragedy of others, not just land grabbing developers, now we have celebrity impersonators scamming people out of Maui Fire Relief Funds.

It's such a beautiful and friendly world out there, isn't it?

Beware of the fake Jason Mamoas!

:cursing::bricks::violin::computer::shrug::barf::socrazy:

P.S. dibs on the band name:
"Beware, and the Fake Jason Mamoas"

Last edited: