Best wax remover at home depot

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
I know this questions been asked a thousand times but what’s the best solvent to use to dissolve wax at Home Depot?

Got a trip next week and need to clean off a lot of cold water wax.

Cheers dues

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I use the sun for a few minutes to soften it up and then scrape it off with a bondo squeegee. If I want it really clean I'll wipe any residue with paint thinner. If you use thineer do it long before you travel because it smells.

Reactions: MathDebater

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Solvents that doesn't evaporate super fast are better for wax since it needs a bit of time to attack the long wax molecules.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Couple minutes in the sun and scrape off the bulk of it. If no sun then hair dryer. If no hair dryer that means you’re gay, or too ugly to attract women.

Then wipe down with lighter fluid (for charcoal bbqs).

Then rubbing alcohol or windex to remove lighter fluid residue.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I avoid the solvents and have no issues getting the wax completely off. Leave them in the sun a bit, scrap as much as I can with a comb, than pickle it. If I need some assist while scrapping I'll fill up a bucket with warm water to pour on it.

Reactions: obpmem

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Couple minutes in the sun and scrape off the bulk of it. If no sun then hair dryer. If no hair dryer that means you’re gay, or too ugly to attract women.

Then wipe down with lighter fluid (for charcoal bbqs).

Then rubbing alcohol or windex to remove lighter fluid residue.
you're bald and have one wife, you look 10 years older than your age. you ain't no looker and are probably too ugly to attract many women.

too many steps and too harsh solvents

leave out in sun for a few minutes and scrape

dump some mineral spirits and rub the rest of the wax off

rinse with those hose and dry

the board is now clean and ready for a new wax job

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ReForest

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
This!

Or goo gone but not goof off.
+1000. Do yourself a big favor and get some. scrape, then spray and let sit for a few. Wipe off and then rinse with soapy water. Way better than all the crap smell and chemicals in mineral spirits and solvents And works better.