Best UNCROWDED lefts ?

Aug 11, 2015
Planning my yearly surf trip and thought maybe there's some good destinations ideas to be picked up here. I am looking for uncrowded lefts. Wave quality of course important, but I rank the crowd factor way higher in my list of priorities.

Please let me know if you have some good ideas for me ! Thanks !

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
uluwatu, desert point, macaronis. you'll pretty much be out there by yourself :drowning:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
1. Find shitty beachbreak with nobody out and no surf stickers on signs in parking lot if possible
2. Identify rip bowl.
3. See if lefts set up off rip bowl
4. If no, go to step 1. If yes, Jump into rip.
5. Angle to your right paddling out.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Planning my yearly surf trip and thought maybe there's some good destinations ideas to be picked up here. I am looking for uncrowded lefts. Wave quality of course important, but I rank the crowd factor way higher in my list of priorities.

Please let me know if you have some good ideas for me ! Thanks !
Ventura/Oxnard

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: PPK96754 and JBerry

verdesurf

OTF status
Feb 16, 2009
There are plenty of uncrowded lefts in Southern Peru and Central Chile. You just have to put in a lot of effort in these regions. Northern Peru is a lot more user friendly, but also more crowded.

Reactions: SharkBoy and Chocki
Aug 11, 2015
I thought some of you guys would have good ideas. Peru definitely on my list. Been once to Chile, also been to Nihiwatu. Mexico has a few uncrowded lefts, so had Cabo Verde and some parts of Africa like Angola but I don't want to go there. Risky and the best case scenario you have a turista during most of your surf trip...

Reactions: diro
Aug 11, 2015
I also surfed a very good left in Cuba alone in the water and I'm pretty sure I was the first to surf there... But probably works good only 10/20 times a year...

Aug 11, 2015
yes, only issue with New Zealand is it's like 3 days of travel from Panama where I live. But yes, NZ is probably one of the best pace for quality uncrowded surf...

Still I'm sure there's a place nearer where some good lefts go almost unridden. Just haven't figured it out yet. Where I live in Panama it's uncrowded (as in: I surf alone most of the time) and does get quality regularly. Pretty blessed with what I have at home really but still want to surf different waves than the 3-4 I surf all the time.

Reactions: diro and Aruka

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
Monuments , your early there's 2 of you in the water including yourself , i enjoyed it and I'm regular , Nihiwatu's calling you

Attachments

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I honestly think Chile, Africa, Morocco are probably some of the very few places where you can get uncrowded lefts.

Some of the point breaks in Mexico can get relatively uncrowded as can some of the waves in Indo. But none of those are going to be regularly uncrowded.

Waves off the beaten path in the Huatulco area. South Island New Zealand also come to mind.

Reactions: pademauge

rkgoshi

OTF status
Jul 29, 2012
Cardon near Mazatlan. crowd limited to the guests of the lodge.

left is fun. The other point is a left too.