Best UNCROWDED lefts ?

Feb 9, 2019
PNG. Aside from the camp at Kavieng the most uncrowded place i have surfed. Mostly shallow lefts, very cool. New ireland had a camp, vanimo and Rubio plantation retreats. Samoa i lucked into swell, a little underprepared and overmatched which was a nice change.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
yes, only issue with New Zealand is it's like 3 days of travel from Panama where I live. But yes, NZ is probably one of the best pace for quality uncrowded surf...

Still I'm sure there's a place nearer where some good lefts go almost unridden. Just haven't figured it out yet. Where I live in Panama it's uncrowded (as in: I surf alone most of the time) and does get quality regularly. Pretty blessed with what I have at home really but still want to surf different waves than the 3-4 I surf all the time.
Why not just keep it simple and go to Pavones?
Maybe check Playa Nanzal in Chiriqui, there's a reef that breaks way out at low tide.

Reactions: pademauge

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I surfed a left point on Kodiak Island in 2009. Sick.

The slabby reef down the beach a half mile was good as well.

Reactions: Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Now was that really necessary?

I don't understand why someone would feel the need to post that for the entire planet to see on their youtube channel.

Spots are spots the developed world zoo so general information is no biggie and the above spots aren't Rincon.

But if I found something to the tune of the above I'd want to keep it to myself.

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Now was that really necessary?

I don't understand why someone would feel the need to post that for the entire planet to see on their youtube channel.

Spots are spots the developed world zoo so general information is no biggie and the above spots aren't Rincon.

But if I found something to the tune of the above I'd want to keep it to myself.

Maybe because they realized you need a seaplane or boat to get to the spot? And that it is impossible to identify the spot from the video given Alaska's 6,640 miles of coastline? One hint though- there are spruce trees on the beach.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Maybe because they realized you need a seaplane or boat to get to the spot? And that it is impossible to identify the spot from the video given Alaska's 6,640 miles of coastline? One hint though- there are spruce trees on the beach.
It took 23 minutes to find it on my lunch break.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
It took 23 minutes to find it on my lunch break.
You're partially right. First spot took me under 10 minutes to find. There's an airport there. Better book your flight, I mean your private airplane now before it gets overrun.

The other three spots, including the one with quality looking waves...hmmmm..no distinctive landscape features. Google maps seems to get really low res that far north.

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 11.03.30 AM.png

Last edited: