Best twinny for quality beachies and points

Oct 2, 2019
I just texted him to see if this was possible. I don't know how many boards they have him shaping, or how booked up he is. PM me your contact info, and I'll see if we can get this going for you. If you're serious.
Hey mate been away from the lappy scoring waves.
I managed to get in touch myself so thanks for your offer to help :)

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Think it was about the 7 week mark.
I went full fat with all the sauce and dressing :D Got the Flax tree tech with board art, black rails etc, with his True ames upright fins. Think it was about 1200AUD.

Paying surfreight 50 bucks for delivery - saves me the trip down to the goldy.

There was a dude on gumtree selling a 5.10 not far from my house - was a bit big for me, but gotta admit it was quite tempting to grab it. Perfect condition, hardly ridden in his stringerless epoxy constriction, with a beautiful inlay in the torus channel..

see below, he sold it for 550. Can’t view the torus inlay as the gummy ad’s been deleted now

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: trifish and Aruka
Oct 2, 2019
Think it was about the 7 week mark.
I went full fat with all the sauce and dressing :D Got the Flax tree tech with board art, black rails etc, with his True ames upright fins. Think it was about 1200AUD.

Paying surfreight 50 bucks for delivery - saves me the trip down to the goldy.

There was a dude on gumtree selling a 5.10 not far from my house - was a bit big for me, but gotta admit it was quite tempting to grab it. Perfect condition, hardly ridden in his stringerless epoxy constriction, with a beautiful inlay in the torus channel..

see below, he sold it for 550. Can’t view the torus inlay as the gummy ad’s been deleted now
Haha yeah mate that thing will be indestructible hey, wish i could afford to go all out.
I'm speaking with him at the moment, gonna order one hey.
He said 5'10 x 20.5 (and im guessing) 2.5 thick, reckon that's good for 75 kg guy, think it'll come out at 31.8 litres which may be a bit boaty.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Who said anything about being able to afford it? I can't, but did it anyway haha.

It'll be a bit floaty at that, but I wouldn't be too worried. Mine's 5.8, 20 1/4, 2 9/16 and I'm 84KG, no idea what litres that would amount to... would have thought it might be about the same, maybe a touch less.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Mine's 5.8, 20 1/4, 2 9/16 and I'm 84KG, no idea what litres that would amount to... would have thought it might be about the same, maybe a touch less.
Same dims as me except mine's 5'9". Franco said is was 31.6 liters. Plenty of board for me. Love it, but if I were forced to re-order I'd drop everything down a bit: 5'8 x 20 1/8 x 2 1/2

Reactions: waxfoot

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Epic, thats right in the sweet spot I was hoping for. The EPS/Epoxy should add extra float as well, as I wanted the board to have a lower range. The flax is supposedly not super light, which is exactly what I wanted, so that it has a bigger upper range too .... that was my thinking anyway, let's see how it all pans out. 1 more sleep to go, just wish we had waves coming too!.

Question to the other twin fin aficionados - now that I have one, will I also need a front zippered wet suit top, short shorts, a top knot and work in a coffee shop? I can possibly get away with most of those, but the top knot is impossible as my haircut is like Slater's. I can always grow a long ponytail, but then I'd end up looking like an 80's action movie henchman.
image.png

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019
So, yea... I got a new shrefbort today!!! One might say I'm a little excited, there's a little spunkstain in my boardies.
Sweet design mate, looks ripper!
How long was the wait ?
Ordered mine yesterday ;) went 5"8 as well, he suggested 5'10 but 31.5 litres is a bit much, this should be good when the waves are?
What fins you'd put in it ? Would love some nice upright twins, not massive on keels

Reactions: rowjimmytour

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
7 weeks wait. I notice that the board's shaped at the Kinaroad's new fancy robot factory thing, which is probably why it took a while. The PU goes much quicker I think, same with the normal stringerless epoxy.

I got the true ames upright fins that he sells. They made them for his boards, so thought it was a good place to start.

What did you go for in the end?

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
That thing is sick Waxfoot. Those fins look like the goods as well.

Now clean yourself up and get out there.

• Love
Reactions: waxfoot
Jul 29, 2018
Yeah, I felt one up and it felt like it'd be fun. Next time I'm in North County I'll ask to try one. I've had tons of Matt's boards mostly 1996 - 2003 then a few Bing's (Darma, Spork and a custom 2+1).
I have heaps of bings.
A cypress , a bulb (ex Chris del Morro board), a dharma And a raven

They all just work. Matt really knows his stuff. The dharma would probably be my desert island board.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Been surfing my rtt a lot this last week. A left point and a right reef/beach. So fast, so fun, and so much butteriness. Cruises through flat spots and holds a nice smooth turn. I've had this one 3 years, and it's still looks so fresh.

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
In Oz.... Acsod two fang any good? Mitch crews brother is the shaper

• Love
Reactions: retodd and Bman76

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
In Oz.... Acsod two fang any good? Mitch crews brother is the shaper

That looks super fun.