Best TV Show Ever?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Stocked on the Wire mentions. South Park is high on my list, and I think that and other successful animated shows like Family Guy and Futurama, and possibly Beavis and Butthead -> King of the Hill (and Daria, cough) might not exist without The Simpsons.

Saturday Night Live and (heavens I fucking hate this show and the endless vapid horror genre it spawned) The Real World seem culturally relevant.

Chappelle's Show was hilarious.

Kind of 'just' a mini-series, and not exactly a fun light watch like Big Bang Theory or The Office, but HBO's Chernobyl is another one that's outstanding to me.

Also that one Gummi Bears where Cubbi and Cavin f----d sh!t up. sh!t was cash.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
This guy died before I was born.
He was the father of my girlfriend through high school/early college.
Her Mom, Edie Adams had all the episodes on video tapes.
Funny ass show.
Tragically, Mia Kovacs, my GF died of a car accident while I was in school here in SB.
Her injuries were almost identical to those of Ernie.
the_ernie_kovacs_show_tv_series-750577155-mmed.jpgErnieKovacs.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: keenfish

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Band of Brothers, etc. are all great mini-series, not really TV shows IMO.
Mash would be my pick for TV Show (10 years)
Funny, the show lasted longer than the Korean War, although technically, S.K. and N.K. are still at it.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Band of Brothers, etc. are all great mini-series, not really TV shows IMO.
Mash would be my pick for TV Show (10 years)
Funny, the show lasted longer than the Korean War, although technically, S.K. and N.K. are still at it.
Band of Brother maybe cuz one season.. the rest are not mini series whatsoever. BB and Sopranos 5-6 seasons.

IMO most shows last to long. Gimme 4 seasons - if you cant tell your story in 400 hours - rethink it.