Best Travel Bag?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
I like my PL 1-2-3 - a two board bag that unzips to form two separate 1 board bags and that you can also zip a third board in between when it's fully assembled.

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
I also have the Smuggler. It says 6'6'' but it definitely fits bigger boards. I've traveled with 1, 2, and 3 boards with it and it does great no matter what. Never put any extra padding around the boards besides a couple towels and wetsuits. It's not super bulky so it functions fine as a day bag as well if it's just sitting in the back of a vehicle.

Went to Morocco with a friend who has the Prolite finless coffin. That seemed to work pretty well too. I just like keeping everything snug and light since the cut of the Smuggler is more closely the shape of the boards.

Last edited:

Eimeo

OTF status
Oct 18, 2005
Encinitas
What's the latest on travel bags for 2-3 short boards up to 6'4? Anyone find something they really like that has prevented probably damage recently? I typically pack 3 boards in a 4-board coffin with tons of bubble wrap and that usually does the trick. Next trip coming up I may only need to take 2 boards and I don't have a good bag for just 2 boards. Looking for recommendations!
Purchased the 6'3 PL Smuggler and loaded with 2 boards. Had three packed but pulled one out due to the forecast. Great bag, plenty of storage and easy to carry. Used the pipe insulation foam on the rails, tail and nose of each board (a 5'6 and 5'9), slid them in easy. Credit to Avianca Air for not damaging anything on the bag or my new boards, first time in a long time I have had no damage. I would definitely recommend this bag for 2-3 boards.